20

T W E N T Y

T W E N T Y

Annika stood rotted on the same spot from more the ten minutes, as far she had known and seen shivaay, he was never late. She couldn't push him away when he was adamant on asking her the time when her work was done to drop a message as soon as she wanted him to pick up and when she did, he read the message but was not showing up now.

She turned to see Aman approaching towards her. Gritting her teeth, she wished shivaay to show up soon otherwise she was going to smack that aman's face today.

"Hey" Aman smiled widely and Annika couldn't help but plaster her face with fake smile. "I was wondering if..."

"Shit" Annika interrupted him and Aman followed her face which looked down to the level of his shoes. Aman saw a big black dog looking at the both with sparkling eyes.

Aman came forward to help her relax when she grew more nervous looking at the dog approaching her more. Annika would never get over her fear for dogs she had from childhood, even if she tried it all went in vain.

Aman was getting more closer when Annika ran towards his back side and clutched his shoulders tightly while she hid herself, scared. "Relax Annika"

Aman tried to bring her to the front but she didn't, she continued to stay like that, behind him.

Shivaay groaned in frustration as he ended the call, he had drive towards her office with Bluetooth in his ears. His employees needed him urgently and he couldn't deny, the fact that he couldn't let his business break down so easily.

He unbuckled himself from clutches of the seat belt and straight away jumped on the either side of the car, only to leave himself baffled.

The sight was heart wrenching for him, his not so real girlfriend was clutching onto a guy's shoulders while  he just continued to talk to her.

Walking towards them in long strides, he looked at the dog barking, he shooed him away quickly by stamping his foot till louder, scaring the poor creature.

Annika breathed in relief as she looked onto dog leaving from the other side of aman's shoulder, she wanted to thank the guy so much at that moment.

"Thanky..." She fiddled with her own words as she saw him standing in front of her with his head held down, she gulped down.

Annika's heart heated loudly, she never wanted him to be hurt again but it was already done, she could sense it, eve though he would never say it to her, she knew it.

Aman looked at the two, gawking each other without blinking. "Annika see you later" Annika turned towards him and nodded while he smiled.

Shivaay sighed and lead her towards the car while she followed him. Settling down, Annika could feel the tension in the atmosphere raising up.