22

T W E N T Y - T W O

T W E N T Y - T W O

Annika stiffened as she felt him moving a little. Yawning, she rubbed her eyes in a lazy way. Opening her eyes, she saw him looking back at her already.

"Good morning fiance"

"I am not one shivaay" shivaay twisted his corner of lip in a childish manner. Annika got up from his embrace and settled her hair while shivaay still smiled sheepishly at her.

"We are taking you home back today" shivaay nodded in happiness. Less than 24 hours and he was tired of the smell of medicines that hospital had and tired from the same old white curtains going along with the blue dress he wore.

Annika threw the mattress on the bed and kept her feet down on the cold floor. "Annika you are forgetting 'the kiss' " Annika turned to face him.

"First start walking again and then we will think of kissing till then you will get nothing"

"I don't think you will be able to control yourself" Annika frowned and shook her head as she walked out the room.

Shivaay rested his head down on the pillow, still hazy, he closed his eyes and the only image which flashed into his brain and infront of his eyes was of her's, his Annika's.

***

Annika paced to and fro in his room. It has been two hours since he was shifted back to his own house and room and kept on sleeping. Annika felt restless as she couldn't hear him from so many minutes, craving to hear his words.

She kneeled down in front of him, caressing his hair gently, she looked at him gracefully. She saw how he smiled as soon as her hand landed on his forehead.

She saw him blinking his eyes and directly turning his head towards her. She felt herself burning under his gaze.

She got up to laid down next to him and he followed to look at her actions throughout. Shivaay held out her hand into his and continued to stare her.

"Stop staring" tearing her gaze away from him, Annika blushed as she saw him grinning.

"I won't" sighing, she leaned onto him more.

"The kiss still remains" Annika closed her eyes, opening to only see him admiring her. "I AM NOT GOING TO KISS YOU"

Annika turned herself to the other side. Shivaay found it difficult to turn over his right side as the leg injured laid in the same side itself.

Annika turned her head slightly to look at him. Annika saw him struggling to get up.with the help of his elbows on the both side. "Dare you try to get up" she got up and gave him a sharp look.

"Annika"

She left with the room not glancing back at him for once. Shivaay sighed and smiled as he laid his head back on the pillow.

***

Shivaay felt restless, staying the whole day on the same bed, he felt nothing but sick. Everyone pampered him now every now and then except her, he haven't seen her from the time she left.

He took hold of his phone, dialling her number, he waited for her to pick it up but to his unfortunate she didn't.

After trying several times when she didn't picked up his call, he decided to leave a message. 'Call once you are free'

He saw his dadi entering the room along with Omkara beside him. "Billu are you feeling ok?"

"Yes dadi" shivaay nodded in a positive way and dadi sat down beside him. "You know Tia is getting married soon"

Shivaay turned towards the dadi with raised brows but soon smiled as he thought that she was not effected when he broke the marriage, he was happy for her and much thankful too, if Tia wouldn't have understood him then it would have been so hard for him to break this marriage.

Breathing in relief he looked at Omkara who was still not speaking up. "Something wrong?" Omkara raised his brows and looked at his brothers smiling face.

Inhaling a deep breath in, he opened his mouth to speak, when he heard his brother speaking up instead. "Have you two heard from Annika, she isn't picking up my calls" confused he checked his phone yet again to see no reply from her.

"Now she is even ignoring my message" Dadi's face fell, Omkara nodded to dadi as she mouthed him to let him know and got up to leave.

Shivaay saw dadi leaving and turned to his brother. "Something wrong?" Omkara shrugged his shoulders, deciding not to let him know by his actions.

"Shivaay I want you not to interrupt me in middle when I talk, ok?" Shivaay nodded in understanding and opened his ears wide to listen to him.

"Annika's bua returned from her village today, she had been away since Annika was indulged in your wedding preparations. Annika called me up in the evening to say she won't be able to show up today"

Omkara breathed a lot of oxygen. "Then I asked her why couldn't she. Annika spoke up saying her Bua had got so marriage proposal for her at the house itself without her knowledge"

Shivaay's jaws twisted in anger, how could her Bua could? Without her approval? But he knew his Annika, she would never break her promises, still his insecurities kept on hitting him. He tried to relax his brain which couldn't stop thinking.

"I am sure she will reject him om, I trust her and I know she will handle it with ease" Omkara smiled at his brothers confidence, sure he was that they were both in so much love with each other.

Omkara got up while patting his brother's shoulders, how he wished to have someone just like Annika was, understanding and calm.

Shivaay smiled with difficulty, hoping to get her call as soon as she was done. He wanted to impatiently get up and leave towards her house, how he wished he wasn't injured at the moment.

Sighing he gave up, he closed his eyes. His head couldn't take so much tension in a go, the next thing he knew was getting into deep slumber with her thoughts roaming around his tiny brain.

**