Reminisce (Lisa)

3 years ago

"Lisa! Concentrate!" YG-nim keeps on reminding me.

"S-sorry, YG-nim!" I bowed to him.

I'm a trainee at YG entertainment. I was chosen as number one on the audition that was held in my hometown, Thailand.

I'm currently training with the people who will potentially be my co-members in the girl group YG-nim is planning to make.

"Lisa, are you okay?" Jennie-unnie, who I made friends with, asked me.

I smiled at her. "I'm fine, unnie."

'But I'm not really am.'

We're only on our first year as trainees and I'm already homesick.

I miss my mom and dad.

I have no idea that reaching for your dream will be this difficult. I may have the talent to dance, but my singing skills aren't that good yet.

I came here to become an idol, but dreaming this big can also be the reason of my hardships.

I'm starting to feel depressed that I just want to quit already.

I don't think 'idol life' is meant to me.

"Lisa, are you going to join us for dinner later?" Jisoo-unnie asked while we fixed our things, we just finished our practice for today.

And of course, I screwed over and over again. I easily lose my focus and that made us practice until evening.

It's definitely my fault.

"Uhm. Maybe not, I need to do something tonight. Sorry, unnies." I quickly made an excuse.

"Oh. Okay. See you at our dorm." They all left and I was alone. Again.

I finished fixing my things and went out of the building. I walked and ran just to reach my favorite place, my sanctuary.

I quickly sat down on the grass-filled ground near the Han river. I didn't bother removing my cap and mask.

I just sat there, watching the clear water of this beautiful river.

Whenever I feel sad or depressed, I always go here and take a rest from everything. This is my escape from the harsh reality I'm in.

'Will I be able to continue this path I desperately took?'

"Nothing's gained without hardships. Without challenges."

I straightened up my back and looked over the person who talked out of nowhere. It's a guy, and he's also wearing his cap and mask. He's sitting on my far left side.

I gave him a confused face even though he couldn't see it.

"Is it okay if I just talk? I only need to relish it all out because my mind's a bit messy right now."

I just nodded at him and didn't utter a word.

"I've been in this career for a year now and I can say that it's really hard. Even when it is the thing that you really love, things won't let you have it just like how you wanted it. You need to struggle a lot first before you achieve that goal you have."