new neighbor (sad one shot)

C/N's POV - a guys pov

Today, Sunday morning, is so boring so far. I wake up pretty early because of school, so it is now 11:30 am. I look out of my window, and there is a window right in front of mine. That house right beside ours has been empty for a couple of weeks now. I always wonder if we will have new neighbors and who they will be. 

I go downstairs to grab a snack, and sit out on my porch. I see a moving truck and a car following it. They stop at the empty house beside us. Could this be for our new neighbors?

I run out of the porch and go behind our white fence and look through the holes. There is this beautiful girl. She has h/c hair, and beautiful eyes that I can see from here.  She has a pretty big family, at least its what it seems like. 

She looks at her house in aw. She looks around at our house, and since i am so lost in her eyes, I didn't realize she was looking right at me. She waved, but I was so embarrassed I ran back into the house. 

My mom decided to bring them a welcoming basket with a couple of snacks and homemade desserts. She let me know her name. I was so excited, and i was hoping she would come to my school. 

THE NEXT DAY

It's Monday. I'm only excited for school today because I wanted to find out if she goes to my school. I am the office helper/volunteer, so if she is coming to this school, then I will be showing her around. 

I wait and wait for the office to pull me out of class to show this beautiful girl around. The teacher calls me out, and there she is. I get to show her around. I asked her for her name, and he name is y/n. ah. 

Days have passed, and since she is new here, I have been hanging with her. We have the same humor and music taste. Everything has been going so well. I have been developing feelings ever since i saw her. She keeps teasing me and bringing up the time she caught me staring at her. I don't think she thinks i like her. I want to let her know before any other guys do, but i can't grow a pair.

Tonight, she told me was going to call me, and she did. We were talking, and she was telling me how she's been listening to this one new artist that she has been obsessing over for a while now. She tells me how that specific artist has been getting her through a lot. She then says to look out of my window, and there she is. Standing, looking out of her window, waving. She tells me she wants to look at the stars. 

She points at me, and then she points at her spacious balcony. 

"There is no way I'm jumping onto your balcony!!" I tell her. 

"Yes you are! Do it!" 

I feel bad saying no, especially to her. I do it. I grab a backpack, and put some snacks in. I climb the tree connecting to hers, and i finally get there. 

"omg.. you actually did it?! She says, laughing. 

"Of course, i'd feel bad for saying no."

"This is why I appreciate you so much..I don't really think I ever tell you how much I really love your support. You're such a good listener." I smile in response. 

She pulls blankets out of her room to put onto the balcony floor. She takes a while, and I hear her drop some things as she's running back out. She lays the blankets down along with some pillows and drinks. She puts a water in my open backpack where i'm displaying the snacks. 

"C/n.. how have you been? You don't really talk about your feelings." She says, closing off her bottle of water.

"Hmm.. you tell me first."

"We don't have enough time.."

"What do you mean?" I tell her. 

"Sorry.. I don't know what I meant about that."

"Well.. I don't really know. Ever since you got here i've been feeling much better about myself and I have honestly been feeling more motivated to do things..." I was considering letting her know how I feel about her. Until I turned and see she feel into a deep sleep. 

"Hey, y/n? Wake up! If you're gonna go to sleep go to your room because we're both going to get in trouble for being up and out here too late!"

I tap on her, and she doesn't move. I move her over and she still isn't. 

I yell her name, and she isn't moving. 

"Y/N?! What is going on........."

We're in the hospital. She wouldn't wake up, and i let her parents know everything. They were confused on why I was on her balcony at 2 in the morning, but that's not what we should be worrying about. I'm sitting in the waiting room, waiting for her parents come out. 

Her moms comes out, crying her eyes out. 

"What happened?" My eyes began tearing up just at the sight of her mom crying. 

"She's gone.. my little baby is gone..."

"How? I was there the whole time.. she seemed fine!" 

"She overdosed. How did you not notice?"

"I don't know.. I... I was with her for only about 10 minutes!"

After her funeral, I was sitting in my room. I remembered I left my backpack in her house, so I went to go pick it up. 

When I came back home, just looking at the backpack made me sad. It had been the last thing of mine she touched. 

I opened it and took the food out so it wouldn't rot in there. 

I saw the water bottle she gave to me that night. I took it out, and it had a piece of paper taped on it. Great. 

The paper read:

Oh, c/n. I am so happy I met you. You made me feel better all the time and I'm glad. I am writing 

this as i'm talking to you on the phone. You make me so happy, did you know that? I would have 

asked you for helped when I needed you, but I felt like such a bother every time i would talk 

about my feelings. Sorry for doing this. I hope it doesn't affect you. I have had the biggest crush 

on you. I wish you the best for your future. You were the first guy i ever loved like this.. I am 

planning on taking the pills when I plan something on the balcony with you. Sorry, sorry, sorry, 

Something I never told you was the reason why we moved here. My past was so messed up and 

we moved here to renew my life. But my past came back. People found out about what I did over

over there in my old town. I didn't want you to find out because I didn't want to change the way 

you see me. Sorry you also had to witness this.. I just wanted to spend my last moments with

someone I love so much. I love you so so much.. good luck and i can't wait to see you again... 

in heaven. 

                                                            Love, Y/N L/N.

Y/N.. Why did you have to do this to me. Why.

I hope you guys liked this.... I don't like sad ones and honestly I cried.. Please don't judge I am not meant to be a writer.