Race

The day of the race came and I woke up with a grin on my face despite the fact that it was 6am, and I left at 6:30 to get to the garage and start preparing for the race today. I was excited but nervous. I drove to the garage blasting Beartooth as I watched the buildings fly past me. I was ready for this race, and beat this motherfuckers ass.

Once I arrived at the garage I went to the Veilside I was racing with today and cleaned it up, and put some gas in. By the time I was done with my car, it was 9am and I went out with Jenna to get coffee and for Vinnie. He was a grumpy fucker when he doesn't get his morning coffee.

My new bruises and cuts from Dean were unnoticed by Jenna, she did ask about a few on my arms and I said they were from ages ago, when they were actually 2 days old. Things are getting worse and honestly I don't think I can handle it anymore. All I do is get hammered by him, and if I said he doesn't sexually abuse me, I'd be lying. It hurts.

I can see that everyone is getting worried about me because I lock myself away, I isolate myself from everyone and all I consume in my body is alcohol, energy drinks and I eat less. I still go to the gym, but not as much as I used to. It's affecting me in so many ways that it's hard to explain. I find it hard to find the light behind my dead eyes. I was right about re-living my teenage nightmare.

When I was 15, I was out on my everyday night walk, to clear my head and get some air, and I got raped. I had nightmares about it until I was 17. I vaguely have them, and now they are back to haunt me. Nome of the guys know about it, and that's how I lost my bestfriends. They told everyone who came to my party for my birthday, and everyone turned against me and that's how I was this emotional wrecked teenager. None of the guys understood why everyone turned against me, and I was surprised they didn't hear that I got raped, everybody would talk about it. It haunted me everyday and wouldn't leave me alone. I had a tough childhood, but there is always the good memories in between all of the darkness. Especially being Jimmy's little sister, it's always an adventure with him.

I downed my coffee and sat on the hood of my car as we waited for the visitors to come. I turned my phone off, but left Jimmy a note, saying I was spending the day with Jenna and Danny. I hated lying to him and everyone else but I felt like nobody cared enough to give a shit where I was and what I was doing. Dean did, but not in the way that makes you feel special. It's the complete opposite.

The racers arrived at 3pm and we got ourselves organised and went to our racing points. Which was on the mountains, we had the track sorted and lights in as a guide of where the track is. Racing at night was better than doing it in day light. Everything was set up and ready to go as the sky got darker by the minute and we got our guys to track the police spots, they never are up in the mountains but we like to know if any were close to the mountains. We got walkie talkies sorted and radio stations sorted and the lights flicked on at the starting point.

Rocky and I -which was the guys name I was racing- rolled up to the starting line and he looked over at me and smirked. I smirked back as Loren got in between our cars and counted down and as she said "GO" we sped off down the mountain track and raced each other, one another trying desperately to win this race.

I drifted every wide corner and narrow corner and I was just a little behind him as we drifted the final corner and near the finish line. I looked ahead of me in concentration and smirked to myself and pushed down on the nitro and felt that amazing freedom feeling as I zoomed past Rocky and nearing the finish line. Once I crossed that finish line, it felt so unreal like it was a dream. I had just won this race against the most famous street racer in Tokyo, and he was the Drift King, but as it appeared I was the Drift Queen as I stepped out of my car, that's was everyone was chanting.

I smiled around to everyone and I felt proud. They were supporting me and cheered me on, then to go in full blown craziness and I was known as the Drift Queen. I sure felt like it too.