Try

It was Christmas morning and despite the fact that Brian and Lily were in the most miserable moods, they were going to push whatever happened to the back of their minds and have fun with the family. They had to at least fake their smiles for the time being.

Lily had showered and gotten dressed in black tights and her black shorts and a Christmas sweater. She has always loved Christmas sweaters, she wore one every year on Christmas. You could say it was her tradition but a lot of people wore Christmas sweaters on Christmas, even Matt did.

Lily slipped her snowman slippers on and went downstairs seen as she hadn't heard any movement. Nobody was awake. She looked around the whole house to see if anyone was going to pop out, but Max came walking round the corner and meowed, almost scaring Lily that she thought she'd had a heart attack.

"C'mon Max, we'll get you some food" she spoke to her kitten that Brian had gotten her for her birthday.

She couldn't help but think of Brian, she knew that it wouldn't help anything but she'd have to face him today and she wanted to think that later on tonight she won't cry, but she knew she'd cry again, and most likely for a few weeks.

Lily had fed Max and went upstairs to wake everyone up, she could hear Matt and Val talking but they'd probably come out once they hear everyone getting up.

Lily went into Johnny's room and jumped on him.

"Johnny boo, wake up! It's Christmas!" She yelled while jumping on him.

"Okay okay okay! I'm up!" He said, and laughed at how enthusiastic she was.

Lily went into Zacky's room and jumper on him repeating what he did to Johnny.

Then she went into Jimmy's room and saw him peacefully sleeping. She smiled at him and crawled in beside him.

"Jim jam" she whispered.

"Hm" he mumbled, still asleep.

"It's Christmas" she whispered.

He rolled over to face her and hugged her tightly. Lily was always an emotional person when hugging people and as Jimmy felt her tears on his bare shoulder, she rubbed her back.

"You're gonna be okay Lilybean. You'll sort it out with him and everything will fall back into place" he whispered into her ear.

"What if it goes straight back to hell? I won't be okay. I love him" she cried as he held her.

"Believe in yourself, because I believe in you. You two will fix things and you'll be happy again because I saw how strong your love was, and a love as strong as that won't go to waste" Jimmy told her and kissed the side of her head.

"Let's go downstairs and we'll open presents, and be with our family"

Lily left Jimmy to get dressed and she went to fix her make up, and in the process of doing so, she had broke down again. Her heart ached. She wished this never happened and she was still happy with Brian. But they both weren't happy, and not together.

She fixed her make up and went downstairs to see everyone was here, and even Brian was. She avoided eye contact with him incase she would start crying again. She knew she'd have to face him when giving him his present.

Everyone began handing out presents and hugging each other. Jimmy and Lily were behind one of the sofas that Zacky, Gena, Val and Matt were on.

Everyone had opened their presents and there was now a big pile of wrapping paper in the middle. Val, Gena and Lacey had all gone into the kitchen to make lunch while the guys went out the back, some to smoke or the rest for the chat. They had no idea where Jimmy and Lily had gone.