[12] The Sun Interview

The Sun: Interview with Princess Y/N about the Duch of Hearts: Benefit Concert

We sat down with none other than HRH, Princess Y/N for a chitchat in Kensington Palace. And besides the amazing cookies she baked and gave us, we talked about the benefit concert that she will be hosting this November, Duch of Hearts.
*I: Interviewer
*HRH: Her Royal Highness

..

I: Hello! Thank you so much for meeting us and for the cookies.

HRH: It's no problem at all! How are you?

I: I don't think I have ever been better. What about you?

HRH: [she laughed] I feel wonderful, thank you.

I: So Your highness, you're hosting a benefit concert in November, right?

HRH: Yes, Duch of Hearts. On the 2nd of November.

I: Okay let's start with the basics; what does the name mean?

HRH: Duch is in fact a nickname my mother went by in our family. She was always called Duch and I have a lot of cards written by her and signed by the name Duch. You might know this but the people have always called my mother "Queen of Hearts" or "Princess of Hearts". So you can say that the name is entirely about my mum.

I: Wow. That's very heartwarming and thoughtful of you to do. Do you miss her? You were really young when it all happened.

HRH: I was, yes. In some way, I'm thankful that I was young because I don't think I would've been able to get over it and live my life if I were old or mature enough to grasp what happened. But of course I miss her all the time. She was beautiful and incredibly kind and I find myself wishing I had her to fill the mother figure void space in my life. But I know she's in a better place and that's all that matters.

I: I'm sure she's very proud of you and how you've become. I mean, you're listed as one of the most influential people and you're only 24. You've been on that list since you were only 20. How does that feel?

HRH: Very overwhelming! [Laughs] But it also makes me feel very nice and all warm. I just, don't really depend on lists. I like seeing people and hearing them tell me that I helped them in any way more than reading my name alongside other incredible people. It's never about the age, doing good has no age restriction or limit.

I: Yes, that's very true. Going back to the Duch of Hearts event, what made you do it?

HRH: 4 months ago, I was visiting the Healing For The Future hospital and most patients and interns there are teenagers or adults, so we were all just talking and sitting in the garden when one girl, Sophia, she's 16, played a CD one of her friends gave her and it had a lot of songs of different genres on it. And it's like someone switched something, everyone was up and dancing. When it comes to mental health and illnesses, whether it's depression or anxiety or bipolar disorder or someone who's just sad and moody, we all connect with music. It's such an important factor that there's a therapy that revolves all around it. A lot of the boys and girls who attend therapy befriended each other because they knew that I was close to certain artist and they all were just like "let us meet him! we want to meet him! when's his next concert?" and it just kept happening with a lot of other artists. So I thought, why not let everyone connect with music and their favourite artists in one room and doing it for a good cause?

I: That's incredible. You founded the Healing For The Future in 2014, right? You were 20?

HRH: Yes, that's right.

I: Can you tell us more about it?

HRH: Healing For The Future is an organisation which aims to raise awareness on mental health and all problems that trouble it. We have a lot of educational programs and internships that help you learn more about mental health and mental illnesses. It also has free therapy and programs as well for those who struggle with mental illness.

I: You have a total of 6 offices, correct?

HRH: Correct, yes. There are 3 in the UK, 2 in the USA, and 1 in Canada.

I: You're also following Princess Diana's footsteps and you're a patron for the HALO Trust. You've been taking care of this for two years now.

HRH: Yes, that's true.

I: Okay I'm sorry if this is personal, you can just tell me to skip if you feel uncomfortable but how does your boyfriend, Harry Styles feel about this benefit concert? Did he help you with it?

HRH: [She smiled] Harry has been very supportive since this was just an idea. He's been helping, along with my friends and family.

I: He's also performing in the concert.

HRH: He is, yes.

I: That's it actually. Thank you so much, your highness, for sitting for a chat.

HRH: It's my pleasure, thank you for coming.

..

Moral of the interview: We didn't think it was possible to love the Princess more but we were proven wrong!
Are you excited for the benefit concert?
Who do you want to watch perform but isn't?
Let us know in the comments below!

#DuchOfHearts

//

Healing For The Future is completely fictional. x