[102] Something Good

Real Life

"If I drink one more cup of water, I'm going to be throwing up all over you." You said as soon as you put the cup down and breathed, staring at your friends.

"You're the one who doesn't want to take a wee on the stick." Ava chuckled, raising her eyebrow.

"Still don't want to pee?" Meghan asked, slight giggle in her voice as she stared at you excitedly.

You nodded, grabbing the two pregnancy tests in your hands as you stood up from the sofa, your friends standing in unison. "I'll know first. Wait for me here."

"You sure?" Meghan asked.

You nodded, taking a deep breath. "Let's hope for the best."

"I feel like it's going to be a boy." Emma said.

"A boy? Definitely a girl." Farrah shook her head, waving Emma off.

All women were then engaged in a conversation about genders, not noticing you walk away towards your bedroom and into the bathroom.

You wanted this. God, of course you did. Having a family with Harry had been your dream since the moment you realised that you loved him years ago. A little boy or a little girl, it could be an alien for all you care and you'd still be happy to have a human being that is a mixture between you and the love of your life.

Washing your hands after doing your business, you hit 'start' on your timer before putting the loo's lid down and sitting on it, trying to disregard the jittery feeling in the pit of your stomach.

The sudden notification ring that blasted from your phone made you jump, eyes widening before you breathed out, calming yourself as you grabbed your phone and looked at it. It seemed like a message, pun intended.
Staring right back at you was a text Harry sent;

Hubby💘:
I can officially say that I now can't eat French Toast if you're not the one who made it. Thanks, love.
Currently going with Mitch to get coffee then we're back to writing. I miss you very much but these two days will fly.
I love you. x

You instantly smiled, mind going over scenarios of you telling him that you're pregnant, him lifting you and spinning, him crying — it happens in movies all the time, right?

The Missus❤️:
come back and we're going to have all the french toast you want💗
I miss you, too, you giant :( all our babies sleep with me now
Evie sleeps on your pillow❤️
I love you

It seemed like time flew as you sat imagining a full house of babies, imagining your baby with your pets and how it'd be a sight that would make you and Harry cry, or Harry holding your baby upright to take their first steps with you cheering on the other side, or their first birthday and how emotional you and your husband would be.
Your train of thoughts was interrupted by the alarm of your timer going off, snapping you back to reality as you tapped on 'Stop' and stood up.

With sweaty palms and butterflies in your stomach, you held your breath as you reached for the tests and held them in your hands, looking down at them.

You only released your breath when you felt a a small sob of surprise leave your lips, putting your other hand on your mouth.

Walking out with tears down your face and unsteady steps, your hands slightly shook as you stopped in front of your friends who all stopped talking to look at you with wide eyes, on the edge of their seats.

"Well?" Nia spoke first.

You released a laugh in the midst of your sob, "I'm pregnant."

It was Ava who first let out a loud squeal before rushing to you and embracing you in a hug before giggling, loosening her hold on you, "Careful, right."

The hugs your friends showered you with almost made you nostalgic for your wedding day. You never thought there would be a day that you'd feel happier in until you stared back at the pregnancy test, two positive lines confirming that a human being, a creation that you and the love of your life conceived, was in deed now inside of you.

"How are you going to tell Harry?" Kate asked with a grin after wiping a tear away.

It seemed like the smile on your face was tattooed, head racing with different ways to surprise him, "God, I don't know. There are-There are so many ways."

"I know you wanted him to know before us." Farrah spoke, patting your knee.

You did. You had always imagined Harry being the first to know but good God was that easier said, or more so thought, than done. Because you were pretty sure you wouldn't have handled being alone in that moment and nevertheless, you were happy you had your girl friends with you.

You nodded with a shrug, "I did but, I wouldn't have maintained my sanity alone. And now that I think about it, I probably would've given myself medicine to an upset stomach," You replied, "I honestly didn't even consider the possibility of me being pregnant."

Mera awed, pouting at you, "You and Harry are going to have the most beautiful baby to ever exist."

"Stooop," You giggled, reaching up to wipe your tears, "I'm going to be so dehydrated."

"Let me book you an appointment with the gynaecologist," Kate said, standing up with her phone in hand, "Is tomorrow morning okay?"

"Um, actually," You pursed your lips, debating in your head before looking up at her, "I want Harry to be there during my first visit so I think I'll wait? Give it 3 days?"

Kate nodded with a smile, leaning down to press a quick kiss to your head, "Of course. I'm so happy for you, baby sister."

You smiled at her appreciatively, "Looks like you're going to be an aunt."

"No more babysitting for you, little one." Meghan joked, making everyone laugh.

The Missus❤️:
you're asleep right now
time difference sucks but knowing that you're going to come back with kick arse new music is making me happy
and i just wanted to tell you that i love you
even your terrible jokes and puns
and the pick-up lines you still say even though we're married but you do you, baby
i can't wait to have you back in my arms again, you giant
eat well and stay well rested, you need it❤️
i love you ❤️

Hubby💘:
Reading that, I already know it's going to be a good day – but missing you, not the best.
I don't know what it is that I have done that is so right for you to be my wife but it must have been so fucking right
I'm missing you, beautiful. I wanted to keep it a surprise but it's nothing new that you have been the muse for my last 2 albums and now, you're the meaning behind this one as well
I think about you and how loved you make me feel and there, a song.
You make me feel easy
I can't wait to hold you and be held by you. One day, baby. I hate leaving you and I hate sleeping without you very much.
I feel like something big is happening soon
I don't know what it is but I feel like something good is happening
Take your vitamins. x
I love you, Mrs. Styles x

//

i'm tearing up what have i done