[148] Owie

[ Real Life ]

"Here," You hand Betty the plate of brownies, "I know little Sarah loves them. Wish her well for me."

"Thank you so much, your highness. I'm sure she won't even feel sick anymore when she sees them." Betty chuckles, slinging her duffle bag on her shoulder. "Thank you for letting me take the rest of today off. I'm very sor-"

"Hey, hey," You shook your head, hugging your cardigan closer to your body, "Don't apologise. I know how worrying it is to have your kid sick. Take as many days as you need off. I'll manage just fine." You smiled, "Just don't forget to kiss Sarah for me."

Betty sighed appreciatively, nodding at you. "Have a good night, your highness."

"You as well, Betty." You nodded before looking behind you as you heard rushing feet coming towards you, seeing Tommy running towards you with Harvey running lazily behind him. He hugged your leg, looking up at you before waving at Betty.

"Betty going home?"

You nodded, closing the door, "Yeah, baby. She's going home because her daughter is sick."

Tommy frowned, putting a hand to where his heart is, "Oh no."

You giggled quietly at his reaction, pouting at him. "I know. Sad."

"I'm hungry." Your curly head son blurted out, holding your hand as you both walked towards the living room, where Eva sat, playing with her plush toys.

"Do you want a sandwich?" Your other hand found its way to your bump, soothingly rubbing it.

Tommy nodded, "Yes, please."

You nodded at him before looking at Eva, "Eva, do you want a sandwich?"

She looked up, shaking her head. "No, thank you."

Your heart almost melted at your polite kids, smiling to yourself before walking towards the kitchen with Tommy following close behind.

"Mummy."

"Yes, baby?"

"What's here?" He asked as he pointed at your bump as you carried him and placed him on the chair, internally groaning because your baby surely got big.

"Your sister is here." You answered him with a smile as you got out everything you need to make him a sandwich.

"Vie?" Eva's nickname rolled off his tongue with confusion, because surely Eva was sitting outside seconds ago.

You laughed, which instantly made him laugh along, "No, baby. Not Vie. Your new baby sister."

"Wooaaah!"

You copied him with a gasp before giggling. Your giggle was interrupted by a sharp feeling in your abdomen, your hand instantly moving where you felt it. "Ah, she's kicking."

Tommy's eyes widened, sitting up, "Mean!"

You smiled slightly and in discomfort, resting your elbows on the counter after giving Tommy his sandwich. "She doesn't know it's mean yet, baby. She's excited."

"Mummy," His eyes softened, "You okay?"

"Yes, baby," You cooed, moving slowly to approach him, "I'm okay," You assured him with a kiss on his forehead, pushing back his hair from his eyes gently, "Don't worry."

At this, he nodded and began munching on his sandwich, babbling about your pets.
You tried to hide your discomfort, switching your weight from one leg to the other as you stood beside him, nodding and humming along.