CHAPTER 1

"I'm sorry! I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to knock you down! I shouldn't have been running! I'm sorry!" the short girl said to me. The girl had come running down the very same hall I was crying in and crashed into me causing me to fall down.

"It's fine, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been standing here anyways." I told her as I tried to hide my face from her. I didn't want this girl I didn't know to see that I was crying in the middle of the hallway. It's embarrassing enough that I was knocked over.

"I guess that's true, but still I'm sorry I- Wait, you're not fine! You're crying!" She yelled pointing accusingly at my face. My attempts at hiding my face failed as she had clearly noticed my tears.

I decided it'd be best to explain to her why I was crying to save her from having to ask me.

"I failed my math test today so I decided to sulk in the middle of the hallway," I told her, trying my best not to look at my hands. This was a habit of mine that my sister had pointed out a while back and I've been trying to get rid of it ever since.

The girl frowned and placed her hands on her hips "But that doesn't solve anything! You should be studying instead of crying. My mother always says-" She didn't get to finish what she wanted to say before someone spoke up.

"Seohyeon! What did you do?" A tall girl with short hair said as she walked towards me and the girl, or Seohyeon as the tall girl had called her.

"Nothing really. All I did was run and knock down my friend..." She looked over at me waiting for me to say my name.

"Jung Hoseok," I said as she and her friend helped me up. I blushed realizing that I had been talking to her from the floor the whole time. The girls didn't comment on this and acted as if I had been standing up the whole time. 

The Seohyeon girl complimented my name and went on to formally introducing herself and her friend. "Nice to meet you Jung Hoseok! I'm Lee Seohyeon and she's Yu Minseo." I shook hands with her and the Minseo girl. 

"Nice to meet you too. Thank you for knocking some sense into me," I said, a laugh threatening to spill out at the pun I had made. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who found my kind-of-bad pun funny as Seohyeon cracked up when I said it.

"Ha! You're like Seokjin! Isn't he Minseo?" Seohyeon looked over at her friend with an excited expression on her face, waiting for the tall girl's answer. 

"I guess he is." Minseo had said, her excitement not matching Seohyeon's. This didn't faze Seohyeon at all and she looked back over at me with the same amount of excitement she had for Minseo.

"We should introduce you to him! He's a funny guy! He tells extremely funny jokes will surely make you laugh until you cry." She told me as she dragged me down the hallway. I laughed at how fast she was speaking and let her drag me to wherever it was that we were going. Minseo walked behind us and when Seohyeon realized this she also grabbed her hand and dragged her along with me.

"To be honest his jokes aren't that funny, they're kind of lame. She only finds them funny cause she's lame as well." Minseo told me as we continued to be dragged down the halls of the school.  Seohyeon either didn't hear her or decided to ignore her as she went on the way with a smile plastered on her face. We stopped walking once we reached the courtyard. 

The courtyard was a place I was very familiar with. I either spent my time here by myself or with a random group of people I didn't really know. There was a time when I hung out with the cheerleading squad but that ended when a rumor went around the squad that I liked the captain's boyfriend. That wasn't true but there was no convincing her and I lost my place as the unofficial honorary member. But that isn't important right now, what's important is that we're looking for this 'Seokjin' guy.

"He should be somewhere here. We usually meet up by the fountain during break time but I guess he's running late." Seohyeon said as she led us over to the fountain and sat down on it, patting the sides next to her as if telling me and Minseo to sit down on those spots. We did. We talked for a bit, actually, it was really just Seohyeon and me who talked, Minseo was mostly on her phone. We were talking about Mr. Choi, the science teacher for the sophomores and juniors when Seohyeon saw something and got all excited and started waving her arms around.

"SEOKJIN!" She screamed at a tall broad-shouldered guy who was walking towards us, two guys laughing and walking next to him.

"SEOHYEON!" He yelled back with just as much enthusiasm as he ran towards her, the two guys who were talking to him shaking their heads at him before yelling a 'See you later,' and walking away. Meanwhile, Seohyeon and Seokjin were both yelling nonsense to each other at a very impressive speed. Minseo, obviously not happy with the loud noise stepped in and smacked both of them on the back of their heads.

"Quit it before you both strain your vocal cords." The screaming duo decided to listen to Minseo but kept talking as rapidly as they had before. They caught up with each other's day before Seohyeon looked over at me and smiled. 

"Ah! Seokjin, I have a new friend to introduce you to! His name is Jung Hoseok and he's the cutest." Seohyeon motioned for me to step closer to her and Seokjin. I did and shyly waved at this Seokjin guy.

He smiled at me and said, "Hello Jung Hoseok, I'm Kim Seokjin." We shook hands. He had a very good looking face and he had a really nice voice. I wondered if he was dating anyone. Not that I was interested in dating him, I was just curious. I guessed that if he was dating someone, whoever it was, must feel extremely lucky to have someone like him. I know I would.

After we introduced ourselves to each other, Seohyeon told us to sit down on the fountain. I realized that although I may never know for sure if my theory about how the person Seokjin's dating may feel about having him as their significant other, I knew how it felt to have him as a friend.  He was easy to get along with and even easier to consider him as a potential friend, just like it had been with Seohyeon. And just like Seohyeon had said, he was funny. Minseo was also right though, some of his jokes were lame but their lameness made them even funnier. I ended up laughing so much I started crying. 

Seokjin was quick to notice this and laughed after he handed me a tissue to wipe my eyes. "I like you Hoseok, you laugh at my jokes, unlike some people." Seokjin said as he glared at Minseo when he said the last part. Minseo simply shot him a smile before going back to her phone. He let out a dramatic sigh and pulled me into a hug. "Hoseok you're officially my new friend." I laughed and nodded with my head to let him know that I agreed with his statement.

Seohyeon joined our hug as well and also said I was her new friend. I smiled at this information. I had met three new people, two had become my friends almost instantly and the other one was a possible friend in the waiting.

We talked some more and Seohyeon asked me to eat lunch with them tomorrow. I agreed even though I don't like the school's lunch. She said that she wanted to introduce me to her other friends since we were friends now.

I smiled. I really had friends now.