CHAPTER 25

The following week at school went by in a blur. My mind was too occupied with thoughts of how my father could be doing at the moment, thoughts about tests, homework, projects and school in general and thoughts about my friends and Yoongi.

“Seokie can I come over today? I want to hang out with you.” Yoongi said to me on Wednesday. I told him that I couldn't really have anyone over at my house since I wouldn't be at my house myself. He asked why and I explained to him about what happened to my father and his current situation. He stood next to me for a second before he spoke up.

“Ok, well then I'll go to the hospital with you and see your dad. I mean, I'm technically his son-in-law, right?” Yoongi said smiling at me. I laughed at him and agreed to take him along with me. I just had to text Dawon about him tagging along, hoping that she wouldn't mind taking Yoongi to the hospital as well. Thankfully, she didn’t and when school was over she was already waiting outside for us.

When we arrived at the hospital Dawon said that she was going to pick up mom from work and would be back in half an hour. She told us not to leave the hospital unless it was an absolute emergency. After we promised to do so, she drove off.

“I'm actually kind of nervous about seeing him.” Yoongi said when were standing outside my father's hospital room. “What if he doesn't want to see me? What if he only wants to see family right now?”

“Don’t be silly Yoongi, if that was the case then he wouldn’t let the doctors and nurses in. Besides, you said you were his son-in-law, so he has no excuse to kick you out since you’re technically family.” I told Yoongi grabbing his hand and squeezing it to reassure him that my dad was not going to kick him out as soon as he walked in.

He smiled at my action and knocked on my father’s door. We heard a “come in” so we did.

“Oh, hello Yoongi, I didn’t expect you to come visit me.” My dad said smiling at him.

“Hello sir, I hope my visit isn’t a bother to you.” Yoongi said walking up to my dad and shaking his hand. I noticed that his handshake had seemed to have gotten better and I was glad. The last thing I wanted was Yoongi shaking my father’s hand too harshly like he usually does and making it fall off.

“Don't worry about it, I actually wanted to speak with you.”

“M-me?” Yoongi said pointing at himself making my father and I laugh at him.

“Yes Yoongi, you. Hoseok, would you please turn around and cover your ears?” My father said looking over at me. I frowned at his request but did as he said. I figured whatever he was going to tell Yoongi was something that was not for my ears and to make sure that it stayed that way I hummed a random song loudly so I could block whatever they were saying.

It wasn’t long before I felt a tap on my shoulder and heard Yoongi’s voice telling me that I could uncover my ears now.

“What happened?” I asked looking over at him and my dad. They were both smiling at me and it made me feel even more curious about what they could’ve been talking about.

“Nothing Seokie, we should go now. Your father needs to rest.” Yoongi said grabbing my hand and leading me out my father’s room.

“But I want to talk with my dad..” I said looking back at the now closed door.

“He wants you to go home now though. He said to come back tomorrow and tell him about what happened.” Yoongi said as he continued dragging me through the hospital until we were out of the building and standing in the parking lot. I was confused as to why Minseo was waiting for us there but I didn’t even have time to open my mouth before Yoongi opened the door and told me to get in the car.