CHAPTER 3

Talking to Min Yoongi was harder than it seemed. He didn't hang out with Seohyeon and the others and he didn't have any classes with me. If I wanted to talk to him, I had to take matters into my own hands.

And that's why one Thursday in October, exactly one week since I met Yoongi, I called Minseo and asked if I could come over because 'I was struggling with history homework and Namjoon wasn't picking up.' This wasn't really a lie. I had called Namjoon, but not for help with homework. I actually knew how to do it. Anyways, Minseo said I could come over so she could help me and sent me her address. I ran downstairs with my backpack and begged my parents to let me go to Minseo's house. They agreed to let me go as long as I didn't cause any trouble. I promised I wouldn't and sprinted out of the house to go to Minseo's house. I smiled when I saw her house come into view. I walked up to the door and knocked. Seohyeon opened the door. I wasn't really surprised since Minseo and Seohyeon were always together.

"Seokie! Minseo said she was expecting you. Come in." Seohyeon said as she moved out the way so I could come in. Minseo walked out of the kitchen, said hello to me and led us to her room upstairs. When she opened the door I was surprised to see Yoongi in there sitting on Minseo's desk chair. 

The surprise went away though and was quickly replaced with relief now that my plan to talk to him was made easier. If I was in the same room as him then it was obvious we would have to talk to each other, whereas if he had been somewhere else in the house it would've been weird for me to go talk to him out of nowhere. Especially since everyone thinks I came here to get help from Minseo on the homework. 

Minseo saw me and Seohyeon looking at Yoongi and explained to us why he was there and not in his room. "Don't mind him guys, it's just mom said it's best Yoongi stays in my room while you  two are here since she doesn't know you Hoseok really well yet." 

"It's ok, I understand" I said as I sat down on the floor and took out my history homework. I had almost finished it but since I was here to get 'help' on it I had to make sure nobody noticed I had one page left.

We were all peacefully doing our work when Seohyeon started complaining about the work. 

"Why does she have to give us all of this? It's not like we need to know this when we get older." Seohyeon whined.

"Well, you do need it if you want to be a historian." I said. Seohyeon huffed at my comment.

"Just be quiet you two and only speak if you need help." Minseo told us.

"But I do need help! I don't get why we need to know this." Seohyeon said as she stood up from her spot.

Minseo rolled her eyes as Seohyeon left the room, probably to the kitchen to eat her problems away. It's surprising how much she ate daily but still managed to remain fit.

"You should get your friend Minseo. Can't risk having her eat everything in the house." Yoongi said as he continued to do his own homework on Minseo's desk.

Minseo rolled her eyes and got up to leave the room. I looked down at my homework unsure of what to do. I had put a lot of thought into what I wanted to say to Yoongi on my way to his and Minseo's house but now that I was alone with him I had nothing to say.  I was nervous and Yoongi noticed.

"Is it really that hard?" I looked up at him feeling a bit startled since I hadn't expected for him to say something. Especially to me.

"N-no not really. I was just thinking about something else." I told him. This wasn't a lie because I really was thinking about something else. He looked at me for a couple of seconds before he spoke up again.

"Do you like one of them?" He asked, the 'them' he was talking about were Seohyeon and Minseo.

I laughed at his question and shook my head. "No, we're just friends. I'm don't really like girls the way you probably think I do." I said. It didn't take long before I realized what I said. I had indirectly told Yoongi that I liked guys. I cringed at my decisions and silently prayed in my head that Yoongi wouldn't catch on and that Minseo and Seohyeon would walk in now.

They did, but unfortunately at the same time that Yoongi caught on.

"So you like guys?" 

Seohyeon and Minseo both looked over at me when Yoongi said that. I turned red and looked down at my lap. Avoiding looking at anyone in the eye right now felt like the best option right now.

It was quiet and it made me nervous. Was the silence a good thing or a bad thing? The silence was broken with Seohyeon's voice.

"Seokie." She said.

"Yes?" I responded, looking up at her and Minseo. She crouched down next to me and offered me the plate of cookies in her hand. "Do you want some cookies?" 

For the second time since Seohyeon and I have met, I tried to hide my face from her. She saw when the tears fell from my eyes though and pulled me into a hug.

"She said do you want a cookie not to cry Hoseok." Minseo said as she sat down next to me and patted my back. I eventually calmed myself down and wiped my eyes. I remembered Yoongi was there though and I mentally slapped myself. I had embarrassed myself in front of him in the worst possible way and now, even if I tried talking to him, he'd probably do his best to avoid me.

"So do you want a cookie?" Seohyeon asked.

"Yes Seohyeon." said Minseo as she grabbed her books from her bed. "He wants a cookie." And I did. We ate the cookies and finished our homework, even though it took us a long time since Seohyeon kept getting mad claiming we didn't need to know these things in the future.

Soon, it was time for me to leave. (Seohyeon was going to stay the night so she wasn't going to walk home with me.) But before I left the house, Yoongi pulled me aside and into the bathroom near Minseo's room. In there he apologized for saying what he said earlier and putting me in an awkward situation with everyone.

"It's fine Yoongi, I know you didn't mean it." I smiled at him. I knew he didn't mean it, otherwise, he wouldn't have apologized so sincerely. "I should go know, your parents are probably upset that I stayed too long for homework."

I didn't wait for Yoongi to say anything back and I walked out of the bathroom and towards the front door. I said goodbye to Minseo and her parents and walked out of their house.

I didn't walk far however until Yoongi ran up behind me and grabbed my shoulder, stopping me from walking any further. I looked at him with a confused expression but he just smiled.

"My dad said that I should take you home. He said I shouldn't let new friends walk home alone."

I smiled at his words. New friends. So Min Yoongi did want to be my friend after all. At that moment I felt like the happiest person alive.