CHAPTER 16

Yoongi and I decided that we would tell our parents about us on Wednesday. Trying to be the good boyfriend that I am, I told him he that he just had to be himself and to not try so hard to impress my parents or they'll think something's up. But we're talking about Yoongi here and he tries twice as hard when you tell him not to.

So on Wednesday afternoon, after I had finished my homework and had gotten ready for dinner, there was a knock at the door. My parents already knew that Yoongi was coming over for dinner with his parents and sister so my mom and dad prepared enough food for everyone.

We did not, however, prepare for Yoongi and his entire family to walk in with a basket full of flowers. Yoongi wore clothing that made it look as if he was the one that worked in an office and not his mother.

"Good afternoon Mr. and Mrs. Jung." He said handing my mother the basket he was holding. "You look wonderful today."

"Thank you Yoongi, you don't look bad yourself. Although, aren't you a little too dressed up for dinner?" She asked taking the basket of flowers and carrying it to the coffee table.

"This is how I always dress for dinner." He said. Lies. When I had dinner at his house he wore sweatpants and a t-shirt. One time he even ate with his pyjamas still on.

His parents and Minseo laughed at him but calmed down quickly when my mother looked at them a little confused.

"Come on then, dinner is ready and I'm sure you're all hungry." My mother said leading everyone to the dining room we barely used. Since it's only four of us we just eat at the small table in the kitchen for all of our meals. But there is a little over four of us at dinner today so the dining room seemed like a smart place to have our meal.

Dawon and I had set up the table prior to the arrival of Yoongi and his family. All that was missing was the food, which my father was bringing over.

Once everything was set, we all took our seats. My mother and father sat at the far ends of the table. I sat on the right side of the table, closer to my mother. Yoongi sat next to me with Minseo next to him, she was sitting close to my father. Sitting in front of Minseo on the left side of the table was Dawon, next to her was Mrs. Min and next to her was Mr. Min.

It was quiet as we ate the food my parents had prepared. Minseo spoke up suddenly, her voice startling everyone.

"This food is great Mr. and Mrs. Jung, it may be better than dad's." She said looking over at Mr. Min who frowned.

Her mom, however, laughed. "It may be."

Mr. Min looked over at his wife with a shocked expression making all of us laugh.

"Well, we appreciate your compliment Minseo dear, but I don't think it compares to your father's cooking." My mom said smiling.

Mr. Min smiled triumphantly at my mother's statement, making us all laugh again.

"Yoongi, can you please pass the salt?" I said smiling at him. He handed me the salt and our hands touched for a second longer than they should've.

Dawon, being the very good observer she is, noticed and cleared her throat. She looked at me and cocked her head towards our parents. It took me a moment before I realized what she was trying to say to me.

"Mom, dad," I said looking at both of them. "I wanted to tell you something."

"What is it Hobi?" My mom asked smiling at me. I smiled back at her before looking down at my hands.

"I have a boyfriend."

My dad started choking on his food and Dawon had to get up and help him.

After she managed to get the piece of food that was stuck in my dad's throat out, he looked up at me.

"You have a boyfriend?" He asked his voice shaking a little. He was probably still recovering from choking. Or from finding out I have a boyfriend. The point is that is he's recovering.

"Yeah," I said.

"And who is this boyfriend?"

"Me," Yoongi said suddenly, a wide smile on his face. "I'm his boyfriend."

This time Minseo started choking and Dawon got up once again to help the new choking person out. Bless her and her Heimlich maneuver skills.

"You two are dating?" Minseo asked after she had been unchoked by Dawon. "Since when?"

"Yes Yoongi, since when?" His mother asked placing her eating utensils down. The only two people still eating were Mr. Min and my mom.

"Since Sunday." Yoongi said.

"Sunday." My mother repeated. "Wasn't that when your father and I went out Hobi?"

"Yes." I said. I had a feeling she was going to say something about it.

"Weren't you and Yoongi in your room the whole time?" She asked now putting her utensils down. Mr. Min now stood alone as the only person eating at the table.

"No!" Dawon suddenly said. "They were not in Hobi's room the whole time. I went in to check on them after you called me and I asked if they wanted to watch a movie downstairs with me. They said yes and we remained downstairs the rest of the day."

Again, bless Dawon and her amazing skills.

"So, can I go out with Yoongi?" I asked looking at both my parents.

"Well, as long as you're both happy I'm ok with it." My mother said quickly getting back to her food. I looked over at my father and he let a loud sigh before nodding his head. Yoongi's parents also approved of me and Yoongi's relationship.

When dinner was over and the Min family was getting ready to leave, Mrs. Min pulled me aside to speak to me.

"I was hoping Yoongi would ask you out. I always knew he liked you." Mrs. Min told me. "When he came back from your house one day he said he was so heartbroken because his beautiful angel had been taken away from him right before his eyes. When we asked him who his beautiful angel was he said you."

I felt my face turn red at Mrs. Min's statement. So I was the beautiful angel that got taken away by the monster Yoongi told Jimin about.

I couldn't wait to tell Jimin about this, although part of me feels as if he already knew.