CHAPTER 26

After the ‘great surprise’ (which turned out to be a song all three of them had written and composed together, it was an amazing experience to have heard it live), I had to help my mother and sister with serving the guests some drinks and some small appetizers that Dawon had bought from the store.

This meant that I had to part ways with Yoongi and even though I told him I would go back to him as soon as I was done helping around, that didn’t stop him from kissing my cheek and saying something really poetic which I’m sure he stole from somewhere. Minseo rolled her eyes at his actions and said something about finding Seohyeon before dragging Yoongi away from me.

As soon as they left I made my way to the kitchen so I could begin serving the guests. It was all going smoothly and fun as I knew everyone there since everyone they were either my friends or their parents (who were just as friendly and fun as their children).

However there was a certain someone who I stumbled across that I did not expect to be in my house. Kim Jihun and his older brother, Jintae.

“Jihun?” I said looking at him hard to try and make sure I wasn’t seeing things. “What brings you here?”

Jihun smiled at me and tried to pull me into a hug but I stopped him since I was holding a plate of drinks and appetizers in my hand and they could easily fall if I were to move too much or too quickly.

“Tae and his parent’s is what brought us here. Our parents dropped us off at his house today since we’re staying here for the weekend and he asked if we wanted to tag along to this thing he was invited to at your house. We obviously said yes, otherwise I wouldn’t be here talking to you.” Jihun said, grabbing two drinks from the plate I was holding and handing one of them to Jintae.

“Ooh, why aren’t your parents staying as well?” I asked Jihun who was trying to chug his drink. He failed at doing this and after he had a small coughing fit, he answered my question.

“They wanted to spend some time together without Jintae and I tagging along.” Jihun said. “I find it a little mean to be honest though, they just told us to pack some things and dropped us off at Taehyung’s house.”

I laughed at Jihun’s complaints about the whole setup that was done about his parent’s romantic getaway. I talked with Jihun for a bit more before Jintae spoke up.

“Seokie, could we talk in private please? It would just be for a moment, I would like to tell you what I couldn’t tell you the other day now.” He said placing his now empty glass on the plate in my hands before taking the plate away from me and giving it to Jihun who frowned at his action but didn't say anything.

“Mmm, ok.” I said to Jintae before turning to Jihun to tell him to tell my mother I was going to be by the closet where we keep the cleaning supply talking to Jintae if she needs me.

Jihun replied with a ‘Yes Hobi.’ before turning around and walking away with the drinks.

I led Jintae to the cleaning supply closet since it was one of the only places that gave us enough privacy without making it look like we were up to something.

“So, what is it that you have to tell me?” I said looking up at him since he was fairly taller than me.

“Hoseokie, you’re really beautiful, you know that right?” He said looking at me. I was taken aback at the sudden compliment from him that I almost forgot to at least thank him for it.

“That’s really nice of you to say Jintae, I’m flattered honestly, you said it so out of the blue that I don’t know what else to say.” I said.

“Sorry if I made you uncomfortable.” He said looking at me little worried. “I was just trying to compliment you.”

“Oh don’t worry, you didn’t make me uncomfortable. Just a little surprised but not uncomfortable.” I said patting his shoulder to let him know I was not all bothered by his compliment.

“If you say so Hoseokie.” He said smiling at me. He lifted his hand to where mine was still placed and moved it. “I think we should go back to the party. I’m pretty sure you have more than one person looking for you right now.”

“I think you’re right.” I said letting out a small laugh before I spoke up again. “I feel like that wasn’t everything you were going to tell me though.”

Jintae smiled at me and squeezed my hand which he was still holding.

“Some things are better left unsaid, Hoseokie. And after some thinking, it’s best I don’t say what I wanted to tell you. Just know that you are and will forever be loved.” He said letting go of my hand. I frowned and felt a pout form at my lips after he said that. He simply smiled and ruffled my hair before telling me he was going to go back to the party to find his brother.

I stayed behind for a minute or two since I was still trying to make sense of what he said to me. I felt as though there was more to it than he led on.

I decided to not stress over it so much and headed back to the party to find Yoongi. I found him sitting at the kitchen table eating from a bag of chips me and Dawon bought once but never got to finish.

“Yoongi I think those expired already.” I said sitting down next to him.

“Don’t worry Hoseokie, I have a strong stomach.” He said patting his stomach before continuing to eat from the bag of chips.

I couldn’t help but laugh at him and his weird antics.

It seemed as though as he wanted to start up a conversation but my mother came in and told me to go back to serving people drinks and appetizers since they were asking for more. Yoongi complained that it felt like we couldn’t get a single moment alone together but my mother reminded him that he was at school with me the whole day.

He went back to quietly eating his chips after she said that.

But after the party had died down and mostly everyone had gone home, Yoongi and I snuck off to the back of my house so we could at least spend a small bit of time together before his parents came to pick him and Minseo up.

When we decided to go to the back of my house, we assumed it was going to be empty since the guests were not really allowed to go past the kitchen. We were, however, proven wrong as we caught Minseo and Seohyeon back there together.

Yoongi and I came to a conclusion that we could always hang out any other day and walked back to the front of the house feeling a disappointed that our plans got spoiled and a tad bit surprised at what we had seen at the back. Although most of us knew that Minseo had a thing for Seohyeon, we never thought that there might’ve been a chance Seohyeon would have a thing for her too.

Dawon came looking for us and told us if we had seen Seohyeon and Minseo since Yoongi’s parents were getting ready to leave now.

We both shook our heads and told her we hadn't seen them since the party started and I realized that Jintae was right; some things are better left unsaid.

[A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter 😊💜]