CHAPTER 6

The ride to the camping site was extremely awkward. Yoongi and I were the only ones who weren't mad at each other. His parents were arguing on who was the better cook and Seohyeon and Minseo were giving each other the silent treatment.

According to Yoongi, they had been on the phone earlier that morning (at 3 in the morning!) and got into a pretty heated argument.

"All I heard across the hall was Minseo whisper-yelling," He told me when we were putting our bags in the car. "It sounded pretty intense."

And by the looks of it, he was right. They wouldn't even look at each other. I didn't understand why Seohyeon decided to come if she and Minseo were just going to pretend they don't know each other. I told Yoongi this but he just said not to worry about it and that they'll sort it out when we get to the camping site. But how could I take his word for it if he himself didn't believe his own words?

So I spent three long hours in a car with four angry people (Yoongi's parents had now moved on to a new topic: whose playlist was better) and a Yoongi. He pretended to have fallen asleep. And I knew he was pretending because he kept peeking at me either when I stole some of his chips or when he thought I wasn't looking at him. He stopped this when he noticed I started using my phone.

He reached over and very rudely snatched my phone from my hands. "You can't use this Seok."

I tried to get my phone back from him but every time I leaned forward to get it from him he moved his arm further away from me. I gave up since I didn't feel like fighting for my phone in a car of mostly angry people. I feared my complaining would upset them further. Instead, I decided to question Yoongi on why he thought it was ok to confiscate my phone.

"Because I can." He responded. "And also, why use your phone to entertain yourself when you have your best friend right here who is way more entertaining than whatever your phone has to offer."

I glared at Yoongi and decided to ignore him. I leaned back to my seat and looked at my shoes. When I had first met Yoongi I never thought of him as the annoying type but I had been proven wrong.

"Why do you have Jin as Jinnie with a bunch of heart emojis after his name?"

I looked over at him and saw that he was looking through my phone. "Stop looking through my phone." I frowned as e continued scrolling through my phone's content despite my words.

"Why?" He asked a couple of seconds later.

"Because I said so."

Yoongi smiled at me and reached his hand over to my hair to ruffle it. "You're so cute Seok." He handed my phone back after he finished messing with my hair.

I blushed and quickly took my phone from him. He always did that. He always called me cute and ruffled my hair. But he only did it in a friendly way, or so I liked to believe. 

"So why do you have Jin's name like that?" He asked looking at me.

I looked down at my feet again, I didn't want him to see me blushing, he was going to think I was blushing because of Seokjin and I didn't want that.

"When he put his phone number in my contacts he saved his name like that," I told him, still looking down at my feet.

Yoongi ruffled my hair and called me cute again. And I blushed, again.

Eventually, we got to the camping spot and I was so happy to get out of the car. It meant I could stretch my legs which were starting to cramp due to the lack of leg space in the backseat of the car.

It also meant bathroom time. I don't know what was in Yoongi's chips but they did not make my stomach feel good.

So before Mr. Min could tell us to start unpacking I excused myself to the bathroom and ran to the bathroom near the parking lot, cursing Min Yoongi and his evil chips on the way.