CHAPTER 5

It was Friday morning and Jimin and I were in the boy's bathroom by the lunch room trying to finish the homework that we hadn't done the night before. So far we were not doing ok.

"Jimin how could this happen to us? I was so sure we didn't have any homework." I whined as I tried my best to answer the science questions we had for homework and balance my textbook on my knee.

"I don't know Hobi, but I'm glad I overheard those kids talking about the science homework or otherwise we would both get an F in science today."

We both laughed nervously as we continued doing our homework. We were just about done when someone walked in.

"What are you two doing?" It was Namjoon. He was looking at us and our strange dilemma. Both of us were sitting on top of our bookbags on the bathroom floor with our homework and textbooks in our laps.

"Homework! We're doing our science homework because we forgot to do it." Jimin yelled as he scribbled his answers furiously on his paper. I was lowkey starting to get scared of the shorter male next to me. 

Namjoon started laughing and shaking his head. Jimin and I stopped what we were doing and looked up at him in confusion.

"Why are you laughing Namjoon?" I asked I didn't recall saying anything funny (maybe he was laughing at Jimin, Jimin's face looks funny when he gets angry).

"You were only supposed to read the chapter for homework, not answer the question. We're answering the questions in class." Namjoon told us. Upon hearing this, Jimin got up slowly, dropped his work on the ground, and left the bathroom without saying a word.

I got up and sighed as I put my things away. Namjoon helped with Jimin's bag and we left the bathroom.

"Why did you think we had to do the questions for homework?" Namjoon asked as we made our way down the hall in search of Jimin.

"Jimin ran to me when I got to school telling me he overheard some classmates talking about the science homework. I guess he misheard something and thought we had to do the questions."

Namjoon laughed again.

"You guys should've asked me and I would've told you guys if it was true."

"We didn't think of that, we kind of panicked."

Namjoon patted my head as we continued looking for Jimin. Eventually, the bell ringed and Jimin was nowhere to be seen.

"He's probably in class already," Namjoon said.

"He probably is," I said.

We walked into our homeroom class and sure enough, Jimin was already in his seat. We sat in the seats on opposite sides of him and gave him his bag back.

"What took you guys so long?" He asked as he checked his bag to make sure he had everything.

"We were looking for you," Namjoon said.

"Oh."

Namjoon was about to say something else but the teacher walked in and told everyone to take their textbooks out and answer the questions for the chapter we read last night.

And that was the moment when I realized my textbook was still in the bathroom. 

I slowly raised my hand and waited for Mr. Choi, the science teacher,  to call on me.

"Yes, Jung?" He said when he saw my hand in the air.

"I left my textbook in the lunchroom, Sir." I lied. I couldn't say I left it in the bathroom, he would want to to know why and I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of the class.