CHAPTER 2

Slowly, I started to become a friend of Seohyeon and slowly started to get introduced to the people in her friend group. Namjoon and Jimin, two guys who I had science class with but rarely talked to, were friends of her. Soon I found myself talking to them every day before and after class. Seohyeon also reconnected me with Taehyung, a guy I had hanged out with back in middle school when I was in the theatre program. I was a year above him so I graduated before he did and kind of lost contact with him. We were more than happy to be reunited and talk about our theatre memories. Another person Seohyeon introduced me to was Jungkook. He was a nice guy who was extremely cute and had a very shy aura at first but once you got to know him his mischievous ways showed. He couldn't be left alone with Taehyung because 'that's asking for the end of the world' according to Minseo.

Speaking of Minseo, she and I did get close. I was very thankful for this since she was the one who introduced me to someone who became very special to me. She introduced me to Yoongi.

It all happened when she asked me if could stay after school with her since Seohyeon couldn't and she didn't want to be by herself in the music room. I happily agreed and after classes ended for the day, we met up in front of her locker and made our way to what we expected to be the quiet music room.

Except it wasn't quiet. There was someone playing the piano, and they were playing it very well. I looked at Minseo to see how she had reacted to the noise and saw that she didn't look surprised as I thought she would. In fact, she looked as if she had been expecting it.

I watched as she let out a sigh and pushed the door open. She walked in and I followed closely behind her.

Inside was a boy with black hair sitting at the piano. He had stopped playing when he heard us walk in and was looking at us. He looked very handsome and I was so busy looking at him that I jumped when Minseo spoke.

"Hey, Min! Today is my day to practice here so bounce right on out." Minseo told him. He rolled his eyes and turned back around and started playing the piano again. I just stood there not sure what to do. Minseo looked kind of mad and he wasn't really bettering the situation.

We ended up standing there until he finished playing his piece. I couldn't help but clap when he finished since it was what my mother had told me to do every time someone finished performing something even if it was just a practice or really bad performance. It had become a habit. Encourage them Seokie! You don't if they're struggling, was what she always told me.

"Don't clap for him Hoseok, he just wants attention," Minseo told me, swatting my hands to prevent me from clapping. She clearly didn't have the same morals about what to do after a performance as my mother.

"I don't, I just needed to practice this piece before I left school and now I'm done. So I'll be out of your way now Yu Minseo, practice well." He said as he picked up his stuff and left. Although his words sounded as if he was taunting her, his voice told a different story. He sounded a bit tired and a little annoyed. Maybe since we had barged into him practicing. Minseo glared at him as he left the room, cursing at him under her breath.

It didn't take long for her to compose herself and she quickly made her way to the back of the music room, where the school rental instruments were. Minseo played the saxophone which Taehyung found really cool for some weird reason.

"Play that thing at my wedding Minseo please," he had begged her one day, "it would mean so much to me." Minseo had responded with her classic grunt and kept scrolling on her phone.

"Who was that?" I asked her when she had grabbed her saxophone and was getting ready to play it.

"Min Yoongi, an extremely annoying guy who thinks he's the next Yiruma or something and also happens to be my step-brother."

My eyes widened when she said step-brother. Minseo rarely talked about her family so her telling me this was big. Well, at least to me it was.

"But you have different last names. You're Yu Minseo and he is Min Yoongi." I told her. She looked at me and sighed.

"I told my mother that there was no way I was changing my last name. It's one of the few things of my father that I didn't plan on losing."

She placed the mouthpiece of the saxophone to her mouth and started playing. Minseo is really good at playing the saxophone. She's extremely talented but I still don't get why Taehyung would want her to play that at his wedding. 

We stayed there for a good two hours. Minseo worked on her solo she was assigned until she was satisfied with her progress for the day.

"Alright let's go Hoseok, I promised my mom I'd buy the groceries today," Minseo said as she quickly put up her things. She placed the saxophone carefully in its case before quickly walking to the back of the room to put it in its rightful spot. She turned the lights off and told me to go outside the room so she could lock the door.

She then signaled for me that we were leaving and I followed her out the building and into the parking lot of the school. There we saw Min Yoongi again waiting in a small car, big enough for four people. Minseo looked just as surprised as me when we saw him. She made her way to the car and tapped furiously on the window. Yoongi looked up and frowned but rolled down the car window anyways.

"Hey what are you doing here?" Minseo said to Yoongi but not as harshly as she had earlier in the music room.

"Mom said to pick you up from school."

"I need to get the groceries though."

"I already got them." Yoongi pointed to the back seat of the car where the groceries were.

"Oh," Minseo said when she saw them. She stayed there thinking for a moment until she finally spoke up. "Get in Hoseok we're taking you home."

"I can just walk, it's not that far from here," I said it was true even though I hated walking and it was getting late.

"No, get in. I made you stay after school even though you didn't have to," she said as she opened the side door for me. I was going to protest but she pushed me in and shut the door. I let out a small scream when I landed on the car seat and blushed when I realized that Yoongi was inside the car as well and had heard me. 

"Just so you know," Yoongi said to me before Minseo got in. "I did not know this was an attempt kidnap so please don't sue me."

I awkwardly smiled at him as I put my seatbelt on. Minseo got in soon after, she had been standing outside talking on the phone with someone. Probably her mother.

Yoongi pulled out of the school's parking lot after he had made sure everyone had their seatbelt on and drove off. Like I mentioned earlier, my house wasn't very far from the school so we got there in no time. I said goodbye to Minseo and Yoongi and wished them a good night and a safe drive home. 

After I was inside my house and had finished my dinner, I sat in my room trying to finish up my homework. However, my mind kept drifting away from math and drifting towards Yoongi. Even though he had only talked to me once throughout the whole ride to my house, it was enough to make me realize I wanted to talk to him more.

But I wasn't in love with him, at least not yet.