CHAPTER 14

Me and Jihun texted almost everyday for the rest of the week. During one of our texting sessions we decided on meeting up on Saturday around noon at a coffee shop in the town he lived in. He told me his older brother was going to be there too but only so he can drive us around town if we wanted to go anywhere.

Saturday rolled around and I was so excited. After I had gotten ready I ran outside and yelled for my dad to hurry up. He yelled back saying he was coming and told me to get in the car already.

When I was seated in the passenger's seat I felt my phone buzz and checked it to see what notification I had gotten. It was text from Yoongi asking me if I was going to be home today.

Me

No I'm going out to meet up with a friend today and I'll be gone for most of the day.

Yoonie

Tomorrow then?

Me

I'm sure I'll be home tomorrow, I don't have anything planned.

Yoonie

Alright I'll stop by tomorrow then.

Me

Ok

"Put your phone away." My dad said getting in the driver's seat. "You'll talk to Jihun when you get to the coffee shop."

"But I'm-"

"Doesn't matter, just don't use your phone while I'm driving, the reflection distracts me." He said pulling out of the driveway and into the street.

I put my phone in my coat pocket and looked at the window slightly pouting since I wouldn't be able to continue talking to Yoongi until I got home later since I probably wasn't going to be able to check my phone while I was hanging out with Jihun since that would be rude.

"Are you sure this is Jihun you're meeting up with and not some random person pretending to be him?" My dad asked me.

"Yes I'm sure dad, I don't think a random stranger would know all the inside jokes me and Jihun had when we were younger." I told my dad.

"Very well then, just be safe and text me at least an hour before you want to come home so I can start making my way over." He said as squinted at a sign up ahead. "What does that say?"

"Exit 13 is up next, that's where we have to turn." I told him. "And I'll make sure I'll text you dad."

"Alright Hobi, I trust you." He said smiling at me as he turned at the exit I told him we had to turn at.

The rest of the ride consisted of us singing along to random songs that played on the radio. I knew most of them but my dad struggled due to his poor knowledge of current songs, that and his poor English. Not that mine was any better but we still tried to sing along to English songs nonetheless.

When we finally arrived to the coffee shop my dad told me to text Jihun to see if he was there yet. I saw a message from Yoongi but didn't read what it said.

I asked Jihun if he was there yet and he quickly responded with a yes. I told my dad and he smiled. "Be careful ok? Stay out of trouble and stay close to Jihun and his brother."

I nodded and said goodbye to him before I stepped out the car. I ran over to the coffee shop and opened the door. I scanned the room and quickly spotted Jihun with his dyed white hair sitting near the back of the shop.