CHAPTER 9

Jimin didn't show up at school the next day. Namjoon kept asking me during homeroom if I knew where he could be but I told him I had no idea. He looked kind of bothered about Jimin's absence and I asked him if anything was wrong.

“No it's just Jimin told me before we left school yesterday that he had to tell me something important today in homeroom.” Namjoon said. Someone walked through the classroom causing him to quickly turn around to see who it was. Much to his disappointment it wasn't Jimin.

More kids walked in and eventually the bell rung, signaling that class was starting and that anyone that showed up now was late to class.

“Mr. Jung.”

I quickly looked up at the teacher since he had called my name.

“Yes sir?” I asked. Even though I tried my best to be a good student in science class and get good grades, the teacher never seemed to like me.

“It was brought to my attention that you didn't show up to detention yesterday.”

I frowned. That wasn't true since I remember clearly going to the detention classroom after school and staying there for an hour writing down lines.

“Sir I did attend, Mrs. Bang was there, she made us write lines.”

“Do you have any evidence that you went?”

I was starting to get mad now, I'm no saint but I rarely get in trouble at school so him not believing that I went made no sense.

“You can ask Mrs. Bang.” I told him. My cheeks were turning red now. Not only was I mad but I was also embarrassed since he thought it was ok to talk about this in front of the entire class.

“Mrs. Bang isn't here today Jung, so I can't ask her if you attended.” He said a small smile forming at his lips.

“Sir, Hoseok did go to detention yesterday. I walked him there.” Namjoon spoke up. I was thankful he did, otherwise I would've probably broken down in class.

Mr. Choi looked at Namjoon and me before deciding that he won't talk about the matter anymore and start class.

I sighed and took out my notebook. I wanted to lay my head on my desk and go to be but I knew that wouldn't make things between Mr. Choi and me any better.

When class ended me and Namjoon left as quickly as possible so Mr. Choi wouldn’t get a chance to talk to us. Namjoon and I walked together until we got to the library, we then parted ways since we didn’t see each other until lunch.

The rest of the day went by very quickly and next thing I knew I was in math class, the class I had been dreading to go to since this morning. The teacher was most likely going to give us our quiz from yesterday and I wasn’t ready to see how bad I did.

“Good job Mr. Jung, I hope you continue getting these kinds of grades in my class from now on.” She said when she placed my quiz on my desk. I quickly turned it over and saw that I passed it with a hundred. I wanted to cry but I stopped myself since I didn’t want her to send me to the counselor's office.

I couldn’t wait to tell Seohyeon and Minseo my grade. Ever since the day we met they always asked for my score on every test I took in math.

After I had gotten my lunch from my locker I got to the doors of the lunch room. But I hadn't even set foot in there before  Minseo came charging at me, grabbed my arm and took me far away from the lunch room.

“M-minseo?” I looked at her once we had stopped in front of the music room. She just stood there, her head down and her breathing heavy.

“Minseo.” I said again, this time patting her shoulder.

“I'm so stupid Hoseok.” She whispered quietly, her voice a little shaky. “I really thought I had a chance.”

“With what Minseo?”

She looked over at me and let out a dry laugh. “I thought I had a chance with Seohyeon, even after she got a boyfriend I still had hope. I don't even know why, as far as I know she's straight. Do you know how many times I've had to hear her talk about her crushes, and how hurt I've felt whenever she did? Or when she asks me to help her choose out an outfit when she has a date with her boyfriend? I know that love is a strong word, and that this is probably just a bad crush that I'll get over eventually, and that saying this only makes things worse, but I love her.”

I looked at Minseo as she said that. Her eyes showed tears that were threatening to fall out.

“Oh Minseo.” I said bringing her into a hug, her head resting on my shoulder because of our height differences. “I don't want to say give up because that's mean to say. But I can't say keep going because I don't want you to keep getting hurt. I wish I had better words that would be able to comfort you but all I can give you is hugs.”

Minseo laughed at my last words. “It's ok Hoseok, I don't expect you to give me words of comfort, you being here and listening to me is good enough.”

I smiled and we stayed there for a few minutes hugging each other. We would've stayed longer but we heard someone coming.

“Come on Hoseok, we should go to lunch now.” She said once we had stopped hugging and the person who we heard coming towards us walked away.

We made our way to the lunch room. And by time we made it there, I realized I had forgotten my lunch by the music room.

Minseo noticed this and offered some of her lunch to me. I gratefully accepted it and ate the meal.

As we ate lunch I noticed Minseo continuously looking over at Seohyeon who was too busy talking to her boyfriend to even notice Minseo's desperate look.

I truly wish I could've been of better help to Minseo. But unfortunately I have failed at that. I let out a sigh, something Minseo didn't notice, and continued eating the food Minseo had gifted me.

How can I be a better friend?

♡The Small Things||YOONSEOK♡On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara