CHAPTER 4

Yoongi and I hanged out more than I expected us to. We started having lunch together. There were days in which it was just me and him on the school roof and others were we would join Seohyeon and the others in the cafeteria. He also started inviting me to stay after school with him when he had to practice for piano. 

He tried teaching me how to play a song he was learning on the piano, but since I had absolutely zero experience with the piano, I had some difficulties. When he realized this he apologized for being a little harsh when I would hit a wrong note and said that he should've started with more simpler songs. I told him not to worry and that I was just happy to be able to hang out with him.

"SeokSeok," Yoongi said to me suddenly one day when I was at his house "Who's gonna be your Valentine?"

I looked at him with a confused expression. "Valentine's Day isn't until next year Yoongi. Why are you asking now?"

"I heard Jin talking to Jimin about getting you something for Valentine's day," Yoongi told me looking at me as if he were trying to read my expression for something. "He sounded pretty excited about it."

"He's only doing it because we're friends Yoongi. I'd do the same thing for you if you want me to." I told him as I looked up at him from my spot on his bedroom floor (he was on his bed). The positions we were in made me remember when he had asked me if I liked Minseo or Seohyeon and the whole fiasco that followed afterward. I tried to shake the memory from my mind when Yoongi spoke up again.

"Of course you would Hoseok. You'd do it for anyone. It's just, I think he likes you."

I blushed. Seokjin likes me? How could Yoongi be so sure just by overhearing a conversation? He was probably messing with me. He's probably trying to see if I like Seokjin, which I don't. I decide on telling him this since I didn't want there to be a misunderstanding between me and him on who I had feelings for. 

"He doesn't, we're just friends Yoongi," I told him. My cheeks were still a little red from what he had said earlier and I knew it didn't make this situation any better. Why do I have to blush so easily? 

Yoongi noticed my blushing and a disappointed look flashed across his face before it was quickly replaced with a smirk. "You do like him! Look at you, you're blushing!" He exclaimed as he pointed at me. "I can't believe it SeokSeok. You like Jin!"

I frowned when he said that. Sure I did like Jin but not in the way Yoongi was implying. If anything, I liked Yoongi, although I wasn't so sure about that quite yet. 

"I don't like him." I responded flatly and laid back down on the floor.

"Yes, you do." Yoongi said looking down at me.

"No, I don't." I said looking up at him.

"Yes. You. Do."

"No. I. Don't."

We went on like this for a few minutes until he got bored and laid back down on his bed. I was glad he had stopped, what if Minseo and Seohyeon had heard? I didn't want them asking me if I liked Jin.

"Ah, SeokSeok," Yoongi suddenly said, turning on his side so he could look at me. "My parents are taking me and Minseo camping next weekend and said we could take a friend each. Do you wanna go?"

"Yeah, I just have to ask my parents first but I'm sure they'll let me go." He smiled at me when I said that and my heart fluttered a little. It fluttered because it was a friendly gesture. That's what I told myself whenever I felt my heart flutter or butterflies in my stomach at Yoongi's actions. It wasn't because I liked him.

"Great." He said and laid back on his bed once again. I let out a little hum and we went back to out comfortable silence. Then suddenly, a question popped into my head.

"Is Minseo taking Seohyeon?" I asked. I don't know why I asked if I already knew the answer. Those two are like peas in a pod. Except one of the peas is slightly hyper than the other. And the other is always on her phone.

"Who else would she take? She's friends with the other guys but Seohyeon is closer to her than any of them." He said.

I didn't say anything. I wish I had someone like Minseo has Seohyeon. They seem so comfortable with each other and so close. I wanted something like that.

"You have me SeokSeok." Yoongi suddenly said.

"Huh?"

"I said you have me." He shifted a little on his bed. "You said you wish you'd have someone like Minseo has Seohyeon and I said you have me."

"Oh." I hadn't realized I had said that out loud. I laid on the floor and let out a sigh of embarrassment. Why is it that the things I don't want people to know always leave me but the things I want people to know don't?

Yoongi and I remained quiet for a long time. I almost fell asleep on his bedroom floor before he spoke up again.

"So you don't like Seokjin?"

I groaned. "No, I don't."

"Are you sure you don-"

"Keep talking Yoongi and I won't go on the camping trip," I said. I was getting a little upset since he was asking the same question again.

"Sorry." He said. But he wasn't. I could sense him trying not to laugh at me for getting mad. I was about to get up and hit him but Minseo walked in.

"Hoseok, my mom asked if you could stay for dinner."

"I can, my parents said I could stay as long as I don't sleep over."

Minseo smiled at me before leaving Yoongi's room to tell her mom I was staying. I liked staying over at Yoongi and Minseo's house. Not only did both their parents cook extremely well (my parents aren't the most talented in cooking) but they were very nice to me.

At first, they thought I was after Minseo but I told them we were just friends (I didn't tell them I liked boys because there's only so much you can tell your friend's parents).

Soon it was time for Yoongi and me to go downstairs for dinner. We raced down the stairs even though Yoongi's dad yelled at us to stop before we got hurt.

"You two never listen. Seriously one day one of you is going to get hurt because of the other." Yoongi's dad told us when we sat down to eat dinner.

"We'll be more careful next time dad, I promise. I already told Seok that we'll speed walk down the stairs next time." Yoongi told his dad who let out a chuckle at Yoongi's response.

"Make sure you tell me when you do so I can record it and use it as blackmail if one of you fall," Minseo said.

"And I'll record your reaction of when we fall and use that as blackmail," Yoongi told her.

"Stop it you two. No one is going to use anything as blackmail." Ms. Min said.

I laughed at how they both looked down and apologized. They both were usually so big and bad but as soon as their mom scowled them they got quiet. I was also expecting Seohyeon to laugh but then I realized she wasn't there.

"Minseo, where's Seohyeon?"

"She left early," Minseo said, looking slightly irritated. "She has a boyfriend now and according to her, he called her asking if she wanted to see a movie. Can't believe she puts her boyfriend before her best friend."

I was surprised. That was great news and I was happy for Seohyeon, I just kind of felt bad for Minseo. She and Seohyeon were always together but now that Seohyeon has a boyfriend I'm sure that was going to be hard.

I hope everything was fine. I don't want anything bad to happen between them.