CHAPTER 23

When Minseo and Yoongi dropped me off at my house, nobody was home to unlock the door for me so I unlocked it with my key.

"Hello?" I called just so I can make sure that nobody was home. Nobody answered. I pouted and went to the kitchen.

I was going to get ice cream from the freezer when I noticed one of the little magnets I made when I was younger holding a folded note against the freezer.

It had Hobi written on it in my mother's handwriting so I grabbed it and opened it.

Hobi, I took your father to the doctor's office because he started feeling a little worse. Call your sister as soon as you get home and tell her to come home if she hasn't already.

-Mom❤

"So you're home." Dawon said from behind me.

"Oh, you're already home?"

She sat down. "Yeah, mom left a note for me too. I was going to call you but I got so tired I went to my room and went to bed instead."

"Oh," I opened the fridge and grabbed two yogurt drinks. One for Dawon and one for me. "Did you have fun at your party?"

"Not really, I had to be a waiter and the guests were kind of rude." She said opening her yogurt drink before taking a sip. "Did you have fun with Jintae?"

I shook my head. "Not really, Minseo ended up taking us there but we got lost. Long story short he said it would be best if we met up another day when we have more time to talk."

"Hmm, wonder what he has to tell you. Must be important if he can't say through text." She said getting up to throw away her now empty yogurt cup.

"I guess." I said as I finished up my yogurt.

"So what do you want to do now? I know where dad hid the key the wine cabinet, want to have a drink of that?" Dawon said.

Our parents usually didn't have a problem if Dawon snuck a drink, they'd sometimes let me have a sip. But they stopped when they came home one day and found Dawon crying in her room with two empty wine bottles.

I didn't want to get in trouble for letting Dawon drink some wine so I said no. "I want to call dad. I want to know if he's ok."

"Ok, let's call from the living room phone though, my phone is charging and the speakers on your phone suck." She said as she left for the living room

I pouted at her statement. My phone's speakers don't suck.

I got up and went to the living room. Dawon was sitting by the house phone reading a book.

"You ready?" She asked as she put the book down when I sat down next to her. I nodded. She grabbed the house phone and typed in our mother's phone number.

It ringed for a bit before she picked up.

"Hello, this is Jung Hyojin, how may I help you?"

"Ma, it's Dawon and Hoseokie." Dawon said.

"Why are you two calling so late? I said to call as soon as you got home. Did you both just get home?" Mom asked.

"No mom, I got home a couple of minutes ago and Dawon has been here for a while, she just fell asleep before she could call." I said. I didn't want her to get mad at us.

"It was 8:40 a couple of minutes ago, why were you home so late?"

It seems as if my plan has failed.

"Minseo got lost on the way and it took a while to find our way back." I said. I hoped she didn't question me any further.

And she didn't. She talked a bit more with Dawon about her time at the party.

I then asked her about our dad.

"Ah, he's doing fine right now, but I'm afraid he's going to stay here a little longer. I'm actually getting ready to leave right now. See you two in a bit. Bye."

We both said bye before Dawon hanged up and put the phone back in its place. She then grabbed her book and began reading it again. I didn't really have much to do so I decided to go and take a shower and get ready for bed. I told Dawon what I was about to do and she just waved her hand in a dismissive way, her attention still on her book.

My mother arrived shortly after I had finished showering and had gotten ready for bed. I wanted to talk with her for a bit but she told me to go to bed and to rest since it was late.

Before I went to bed however I sent my dad a text. I didn't know if he had his phone with him but if he did, I would like for him to have something to read so his spirits can be raised.

Me

Dad, mom told me you're going to stay at the hospital for a bit. Although I really don't want you to be there I know you have to be there so you can get better. I was certain that you wouldn't get sick again this year but I was wrong. I'm sure you'll get better in no time though! You always do, and when you come back we can watch that show you like a lot but can never finish. I love you, dad, get better soon.❤❤❤

I didn't expect for him to answer back right away since was probably already asleep. I went to bed thinking of today's events. I smiled and fell asleep, nothing but happy dreams playing in my head, little did I know that tomorrow, my thoughts would be anything but.

[A/N: Thank you for all the views, votes, and comments. It means a lot.😥❤❤❤]