The Truth

Chris

Blake called me on the phone crying hysterically an hour after she left saying that Chazz was in the hospital. My heart sank to the bottom of my chest . I was feeling slightly guilty because i didnt even want Blake to go over , and if she'd listened to me Chazz could've died. I tried my best to comfort Blake on the phone , but it wasn't working. She told me to head to the airport and pick up Mrs.Grant and bring her to the hospital. After i picked up Mrs.Grant we headed straight to the hospital and went to the emergency where Blake said she was. We went through the double doors and right in front of my eyes was Blake hugging on this Dave East nigga.

"Whatever it is , its gonna be ok", i heard him say.

"Yeah , it is , cause I'm here now", I told him.

Blake pulled out of his embrace and looked like she'd seen a ghost. I really didnt wanna cause a scene in this hospital ,so I'm just gone play it cool.

"Uhh , i don't know what yall got going on ,but yall grown and can handle it. Blake where is Chazz?", Mrs.grant said and asked.

"Uhh she's in the room right there . Ill go and get the doctor for you", blake said sneaking off.

It was just me and this nigga standing there in the hallway. We stood there mugging each other for a minute not speaking a word ,but I think its time I broke the silence.

"I don't know why you're here and personally I don't care , but you need to stay away from my girl !"

"Hahaha, thats gonna be hard fam. Were gonna be working veryyyy close together starting next week", he shrugged.

"What are you talking about? Blake doesnt handle persoanl accounts anymore."

"Oh I know , but she'll personally "handling" mine."

He made sure to emphasize the word handling . I knew what he was insinuating and he had me messed up.

"Ha , you a funny nigga. Im not worried about it . Blake would never mess with you. She got me."

"Hmmmmph , if you say so ,but we'll see."

With that he walked off. I was fuming. How could blake not tell me ? Another nigga gotta come tell me what  my girl got going on ? I took a deep breath trying to calm down. I was gonna make sure she heard what i gotta say , but for now I'm gonna chill. She been through too much today. Not to mention i got my own shit going on i was keeping from her , so could i really be mad ? I looked around to see where she went and i saw her walking back with an older gentleman who looked to be the doctor.

"....yes sir she went into the room. ", she told the man .

I gave him a nod as he walked by .

"Babe , Im sorry.", she mumbled.

"Sorry for what ? Hugging all on him ? Or for not telling me how you was gonna be working with this nigga?"

"Both. I didnt find out until before i left the office today and i meant to tell you it just slipped my mind while we were discussing the incident with your ex. As far as the hug.....i was just crying and he comforted me. It was nothing", she pleaded.

"Its ok babe. Im not gonna let it bother me. Lets go see about Chazz."

I grabbed her hand and we walked to the room.

Bri

I'd just gotten off my flight and landed in New York. I looked around the crowded airport and saw my cousin Jai waving at me . I looked at her and smiled waving back. I hurried down the escalator and did a light jog over to her and gave her a hug. Me and Jai had been close growing up when we were younger. Unfortunately, my parents and I moved when I was 9 and we became distant. We fell out even more after I developed my friendship with Blake ,Chazz , and Kierra. She even tried to out me to my parents about me being gay before i could ,but luckily it hadnt worked. Jai has always been the jealous type in any relationship. Its probably why her parents never had another kid. After I graduated from college we linked again at a family reunion and have made the effort to become close again. Although I was really in New York to meet with my girls, but I found out Jai was here too so i decided to catch a flight early in the week so we could spend time.