Liar Liar Pants On Fire

Coby

I sat in my living room watching Puppy Dog Pals on disney junior eating a bowl of fruity pebbles. I was miserable without my baby. I can't believe she's been gone for 3 weeks. She just went ghost on me. If something happened to her I wouldn't know what to do. Hell something might have happened to her. The past two weeks her mom has been calling everyday to see if I heard from her. To disappear on me is one thing ,but to just ex everybody out of her life is beyond me. I know her mental isn't 100% back but I figured that she would have made more progress with the counseling and everything. Every time my phone rang chills went up and down my spine not knowing whether or not some one was calling to tell me Chazz was in a hospital or somewhere dead God forbid.

I looked up at the TV and shook my head. Baylor really got me watching this show now. I can't believe this nigga Bob don't even know these niggas be halfway cross the globe while he at work. I finished my bowl and got up and brought it to the kitchen.

*knock knock*

I furrowed my brows in confusion , I wasn't expecting any company. Maybe it was Chris and my pooky bear Baylor. I walked to the door and opened it. My jaw dropped to the ground.

"Uhhhh...Hi", she muttered with a small smile.

"Hi?...Hi?...Are you serious!? Yooooo like what the -!!!", I put my hands on my head in frustration and walked to the living room.

I paced back and forth across the room in frustration.

"Coby look I'm sor..."

"Save it Chazz! How do you disappear for three whole weeks without telling anyone where the hell you are? Me and your family been worried sick about yo dumb self! Then to top it all off you pull this after everything you just went through with the...." I punched the wall and turned around to see her crying.

Suddenly the anger hovering on top of my skin turned into relief and gratefulness. I walked over and pulled her into my arms. I wrapped my arms around her and pressed my lips on the top of her head. I closed my eyes and relished the moment. She smelled so sweet and felt so warm.

"Don't ever leave me like that again. My heart can't take it. I love you so much. Im so glad you're ok." I said against her head.

"Im so sorry babe", she sobbed on my chest.

I rubbed her back and consoled her for a bit. I pulled back and held her at arms length looking her up and down. I embraced her again and led her to the couch.

"Babe where have you been?", I asked looking into her eyes.

"I went to Seattle. I admitted myself into a Women's mental health retreat. The therapy here was going ok ,but after everything with Blake I was crumbling and I just couldn't do it anymore. I felt like I was breaking. I needed to get out of the city away from everyone and everything. I felt like ya'll wouldn't have approved of me going. I had to do it for me, for us. I really hoped you understand." She grabbed my hand and looked into my eyes pleading.

"I guess I can understand.....but your mama she ain't", I said chuckling a little.

"You're probably right", she said laughing lowly."I'm gonna go call her."

She got up and walked down the hall to the bedroom. I looked after her and let out a long sigh. I was relieved for her to be back and all ,but she can't think it's just gonna be back to normal. Yeah she got the help she needed and I was more than happy she did ,but something seems off. I don't know what it is ,but I'm gonna find out.

Blake

"Dave you were quiet the entire flight back. What's wrong babe?", I asked.

"Nothing. I just wish we could've stayed longer", he said giving me a half smile.