Unthinkable

Chazz

"Hi , this is Chazz Grante from WBGT. Good evening New York", I said smiling into the camera trying to hide my true feelings.

"Yes, and this is Mark Harrow. Good evening. We have a couple things for ya tonight ,but first let's get to the weather with John Klein", my co-anchor Mark sounded off.

The camera switched off to John and the makeup team came out and did some touch ups.

"So, how do you feel about the report?", Mark asked.

"What about it?", I snapped back.

"Whoa", he said putting his hand up in surrender ,"I know she's your friend. I don't know why we're even reporting this. It's degrading."

"I agree", I muttered.

I read the report over and over in my dressing room. I couldn't believe was sitting in my lap. I've known Blake since we were in middle school. Almost every aspect of her life as far as I know was an open book to me. One of her best friends. She would share something like this with me. It's a no judgement zone with me and she knows that. It just can't be true. I wanted so bad to call and just ask her ,but what would I say? I wasn't in the position to just turn down reporting it seeing as I just got back from taking off. My mind was a wandering mess unable to wrap itself around the words that were on that piece of paper.

I let out a long sigh and shuffled the papers laying in front of me.

"Ok guys we're coming back. 5..4..3..2...1.", the camera man said.

"And we're back. It's gonna be pretty sunny according to John. Still pretty frigid though", Mark said.

"Yep, you better dress warm out there", I chimed. " Now to our headlining story......."

Kayla

"Hiiiiiiii!", I shouted as I walked into the bar waving at Dave and Blake.

Blake gave a wave back and Dave rolled his eyes. I walked up and gave Blake hug rolling my eyes at Dave over her shoulder.

"It's so nice to finally meet you in a non hostile setting during the day", I sighed with sarcasm in my voice.

Dave smacked his lips.

"Hahaha yeah it's nice to meet you during the day too."

Dave smacked his lips again.

"Keep smacking your lips and im gone pop you", Blake playfully said through gritted teeth.

"Man whatever. Yall ready to go?", Dave asked .

"Ready to go ? I thought we were eating here ? ", I asked him.

"Nah we going to Coney Island. I just asked you to meet us here."

"Oh ok. Sounds like fun", i said.

"Babe if I knew we was gone be outside I would've worn warmer clothes", blake whined.

"You should've worn warmer clothes period. You acting like it aint winter." Dave shook his head.

She popped him in the back of his head.

"Just swing by my place so I can change then nigga."

I laughed as the two of hem bickered. They were so cute and playful with one another. It was refreshing to see them interact in this way. Ever since Ryan broke Dave's heart he was like a living breathing tin man. I kind of wish I could've been that way with Mayno, but what did I expect? To give him my virginity and he would just jump into a relationship with me? I mean we live states away from each other and then he's Dave's best friend. I'm too young to be settling down anyway. I need to have my fun while I can.