Desperate

Dave

I tiptoed out of the room careful not to make too much noise to wake up Blake. My baby had an extremely rough morning and she was drained. She spent all afternoon in bed crying and stuff. I didn't know what to do other than comfort her. I made sure to keep her away from her phone and the tv. I didn't want anymore negativity to get into her head. Her parents called and as much as I didn't wanna have to introduce myself this way I picked up. It was interesting to say the least. They had seen me and Blake in the media so they weren't that surprised that I was there for her ,but they were super concerned about her. Her friends called left and right and I let them know she still wasn't ready to talk. And of course her dumb bummy ex called. I don't why he still thought Blake was his or that she'd have anything to do with his lame ass. She wasn't about to give up no real nigga for a chump like him. I rolled my eyes at the irritation starting to form in my mind at the thought of him.

Even her 'friend' Chazz called to check on her. I was mad that she even had the audacity to call to check on her especially after she was the one who reported the story. I know she has some kind of pull at the station to stop it or she could of at least refused to be the one to talk about it. I immediately cussed her out and hung up in her face. I didn't wanna hear nothing she had to say. Ain't no job more important than your friends mental and emotional health. I wanted to send somebody at her ,but lucky for her Kierra called and saved face for her. I couldn't even shake the stuff she said about her mental health no matter how much I wanted to feel some type of way. I decided to just hear shorty out so I called her back. She was telling me she was trying to find a way to get Blake's real story out. I could dig it so I told her to hit me back as soon as she figured something out.

I was pissed though. I really wanted to find this Langston nigga and snuff him out. The fact he was walking around a living breathing free man just didn't sit right with me at all. The more I thought about all this the more heated I was. I couldn't help but think that maybe this is all happening because of me. I popped up into shorty life and now all her business ,well false stories of her , was put on blast for the world to see. People prolly wouldn't even be gunning for her if it weren't for me. I covered my face with my hands.

"Maaaaan I need a blunt." I looked at the clock and it was now 8:30.

Blake was prolly out for the night so I might as well go smoke one. I went to her room and peeped in to see her sound asleep. I closed the door back and grabbed my phone to call Mayno. The phone rung once and he picked up immediately.

"Wassgood brudda?", he sang into the phone.

"A whole lotta stuff man. You tryna blow one?"

"Uhh............Yeah man. Pull up", He said after a long pause.

"Cool, i be there bout 15 minutes."

I hung up and headed to the front door. I grabbed Blake's keys pulling her house key off the ring and opened the door locking it behind me . I walked to the elevator and got on heading to the lobby. I looked over at the receptionist desk as I stepped off the elevator.

"Bye , babydaddy!", Charnee yelled from the desk.

"hahaha , bye babymama", I shouted back.

I waved as I walked out the door. I inhaled the New York air shivering slightly at the cold. I walked to the garage and looked back at the building. I hadn't even took the time to acknowledge the Christmas decorations. I forgot that it was so close. I mean being muslim and all I don't really celebrate it ,but I do link with the fam for it. Me and Blake just became official so I wasn't sure if we were doing the holidays together or not. I hope we were though. I walked into the garage and went to my car starting it up. I pulled out and headed to Mayno's crib.