"The captain of the 3rd Division, Ichimaru Gin." said Yoruichi with uneasiness, recognising the person standing at the gate.

Gin's distinctive feature was his eyes, which he kept them narrowed to slits. He was thin, tall and had very sharp features, giving him a skeletal appearance, and bore silver hair. Like Asa, who was feeling uneasy about his presence as well, he wore a black Shihakushou, but had a white haori over it, and his Zanpakutou strapped to his left hip.

"Hey, that ain't right." he said, still having the grin plastered on his face. Suddenly, Jidanbou's left arm was slashed before anyone could react. The giant tried to hold the door up, but with one of his arms injured, he could only hold it up with his back.

"Jidanbou!" yelled Ichigo worriedly.

"That ain't right." mocked Gin. "The gatekeeper ain't there to open the gate."

'We were careless.' thought Asa with a cold sweat on her temple. 'We never thought someone like him would come this far out. Even if Ichigo and the rest have become stronger, a squad captain-class opponent is beyond their imagination. Fighting him right now is a worst case scenario that must be avoided!'

"I lost." explained Jidanbou on why he defied the law. "A defeated gatekeeper opening the gate makes perfect sense!"

"What you talkin' 'bout?" asked Gin mockingly as he walked towards him. "A defeated gatekeeper don't open no gate. When a gatekeeper's defeated..." He stood in front of him and looked up at him with a dark expression. "...it means death."

Ichigo charged towards him and tried to attack him but the captain unsheathed his Zanpakutou in time to block the attack. He pushed him away, and they landed on their feet across each other. "I-Ichigo!" yelled Yoruichi with worry.

The said boy pointed his Zanpakutou at the captain. "What the hell're you doing, you son of a bitch?!"

'That's my line!' thought Yoruichi, who was alarmed at what he had called the captain.

"Don't you come out afterward and expect to give orders!" continued Ichigo. "You fox-faced bastard! Any piece o' shit who attack an unarmed man without a second thought is mine to kill."

Gin chuckled. "What a funny kid." he remarked. "Ain't you scared o' me?"

"Not one bit!" was his reply.

"Hey!" yelled Yoruichi. "Quit that, Ichigo! We have to retreat for the moment!"

"Huh?!" responded the said boy while keeping his glare on Gin. "What for?! The fight's just starting! I can't let this fool think he beat me!"

'Ichigo?' repeated the captain at the familiar name in his mind. 'I see. So he's the one.'

"Don't worry. I'll end it in one sec-"

"You're Kurosaki Ichigo?" said Gin all of a sudden, interrupting the said boy.

"You know about me?" questioned the latter, surprised that the captain knew his full name.

"Oh, so it really is you." said Gin, who seemed to have found his answer. Unexpectedly, he turned around and walked away.

"H-H-Hey!" called Ichigo. "Where're you going?! Hey, wait!"

"Then all the more reason I can't let you through here." Gin suddenly stopped walking and, with his back facing the intruders, held his sword up.

"Why'd you go so far away?" mocked Ichigo. "You gonna throw that wakizashi?"

"It ain't a wakizashi." corrected Gin. "This here's my Zanpakutou." He turned around and held his Zanpakutou underneath an arm. "Shoot to kill, Shinsou." The blade glowed white and extended at high speed. Ichigo managed to block the blade with his Zanpakutou before it could pierce him, but the attack released a force that propelled him backwards into Jidanbou, pushing the giant from under the gate and sending them back into the surrounding town. The boy spat out some blood from the impact.