四十九

Asa stood in the middle of the room all by herself and took note of her surrounding. It was an open field with the smell of grass filling her nostrils and sunlight shining down on her. The cool breeze brushed her cheeks and her hair, letting the strands of hair in front fly. This place reminded her so much of the place that held a lot of memories with Aizen. She wasn't sure if it was coincidence, but regardless, she had to fight her enemy in this place.

'This place...' she trailed off, staring at the far end of the scenery that had more grass and trees complementing the clear blue sky.

"What's the matter?" came the alluring from behind, followed by a footstep. "Do you have really think you have time to flaunt your refinement while gazing ahead?" Asa glanced over her shoulder and took note of Cecelia's expression. The latter had a smile, but Asa knew that behind it, there was an intention of killing her. When she turned her head away, the blonde woman chuckled. "Not much of a talker, are you? I know some people don't feel comfortable talking to their enemies." Quietly, she removed her gold necklace and it manifested into a gold greatsword with a light blue hilt. "If that's the case, then I'll force a word out of you." With both hands wielding the sword, she swung it at Asa, who easily blocked it with her Zanpakutou, catching Cecelia herself off guard. 'When did she unsheathe her blade?' she questioned herself.

But she didn't know that wasn't a simple block Asa pulled out. She was using her Zanpakutou's blade to understand her opponent's abilities, secretly taking note of her Fullbring Powers and figuring out what she could do with it. "I see." she said after few minutes of silence, making Cecelia look at her with a raised brow. "You're another illusionist."

Cecelia let out a hum. "Impressive." she commented. Asa pushed her away with her Zanpakutou, but the Fullbringer did some back flips until she landed on her feet. "I have yet to show you my powers, and you're able to tell by merely clashing with my blade. Unless, you have the same abilities as me."

"My Zanpakutou is the one, to be more accurate." stated the Shinigami.

"I see." responded Cecelia, though in a bored and uninterested tone. "Well, then. I guess I'll have to make you unleash your Zanpakutou's abilities!" She lifted her sword up with the blade pointing downwards and released it, letting it phase through the ground like how Byakuya activated his Bankai, minus the energy ripple that resembled that of water. Once the sword disappeared completely, Cecelia followed, leaving Asa alone once more. as the place started to change into a ballroom with wooden floors, chandeliers and red curtains covering glass windows, as well as a huge staircase on her right.

The Shinigami attempted to activate her Shikai, but something caught her attention and she looked at her Zanpakutou with surprise. "Kage-kun..." she trailed off as she listened to what the Spirit had to say. Afterwards, she let out an amused chuckle and sheathed her sword back. "I wonder if spending so much time with Byakuya made you say such things. Very well, then. Looks like I'll have to use use Hakuda and Kidou spells to defeat our enemy." She closed her eyes and breathed, paying close attention to where her enemy was hiding despite the pin-drop silence and the stagnant air; the atmosphere was so tense that neither of them could afford to make the wrong move. But she needn't wait that long, because she was able to tell where her enemy was.

"Bakudo #62 Hyapporankan!" Generating multiple blue-white glowing rods of energy, she raised her hand towards the wall near the staircase and propelled them at there, wedging into the marble wall before Cecelia, who managed to escape in time and was standing next to the rods.

"I see." she said with a smirk, staring at the Shinigami who returned the gaze. "Looks like I won't be able to have you to draw your sword. But it's very rude of you to underestimate me in this manner." She jumped off the wall and landed harsh on the ground, creating clouds of dust that shrouded her before she charged towards Asa and attempted to slash her face with a dagger. The latter moved her head backwards to avoid getting hit, and at this note, Cecelia raised her left leg to kick her, which she managed to dodge. Asa spun around and tried to counter-attack with a kick, but the blonde woman crouched down to dodge it. The moment she got up, she was forced to bend back when she saw Asa's other leg heading straight for her, dodging the attack by a mere inch. When she regained her composure, she found herself cornered to a wall and when Asa raised her fist, she quickly dodged to the side, just in time for the Shinigami's fist to collide the wall, pulverising it.