六十五

Aizen's Reiatsu began to surge through the veil of darkness covering the Shakonmaku. Everyone else stood from a distance observing the overwhelming amount of energy emitting from this single man.

"He's gonna shoot down the Soul King Palace?!" questioned Renji with shock.

"No way." said Hisagi. "He could actually do that?" Rukia was about to take a step forward, only to have the Captain-Commander's hand placed on her shoulder, halting her in her tracks.

However, his Reiatsu soon dissipated, much the shock of everyone, including Aizen himself. 'What happened to his Reiatsu?' questioned Asa. She was familiar with how powerful her former Captain was. So to see his Reiatsu suddenly disappearing like that was very odd to her.

"It's impossible." said Shunsui, standing next to him. "You said it yourself, didn't you? Those restraints can't cancel our your Reiatsu. The only thing it does is keep it around you. But the power required to cap your Reiatsu is unbelievably strong, you know. It's Soul Society's proudest achievement, really. We can't have you making light of it now, can we?" He then looked at Kurotsuchi over his shoulder, adding, "Am I right, Taichou?"

Asa continued watching the scene and finally understood what was happening. 'Reiatsu is something that will keep producing as long as the heart of a Shinigami remains beating.' she thought, recalling the lessons she took with her late grandfather when she was a mere toddler. 'Unless one stops the heart, there's not way the Reiatsu can be stopped. All the prisoners in Mukan for some reason cannot be killed, which means that there's no one who could stop their hearts from beating. That's why those restraints on Aizen were never intended to cancel our his Reiatsu from the start. Its focus, however, was to keep his Reiatsu in check.'

"And now, whether we free you or not, is all up to me." continued Kurotsuchi, who was explaining the same thing to Aizen. "Did you honestly think your powers could've beaten my technology and let you do as you please? How naive, Aizen Sousuke. Well, whether you could actually shoot down the Soul King Palace or not, it won't matter as long as you're in those restraints of mine. It's a matter of pride, you know."

"I see." responded the said man. "So that's how you're controlling these things on me. Well, let's try it out then, shall we? Turn it to the max, and we'll see which is better; your technology or my power?" Suddenly, Aizen was imprinted with the letter "U" across his upper body before it transformed into a grid pattern. Asa's eyes widened with surprise and turn around to look at the culprit.

"Whoops!" said a Quincy standing atop a huge ruble. NaNaNa had long black hair arranged into five fanned-out spiraling spikes, and his teeth was alternate between black and white which resembled piano keys. The rest of his upper facial features were covered by a red-orange mask with a reflective surface, which currently had a small crack on the bottom left. His Sternritter uniform was damaged, leaving him in a small shirt beneath which left his abdomen and arms bare. He wore a pair of white high-waisted pants and boots, as well as accessorising himself with a ring on each finger and a bracelet on either wrist.

"I've seen enough of your Reiatsu for now." he said once his epithet letter formed a grid pattern on Aizen. "It might be because of that suit you're wearing, but your Reiatsu's got holes all through it! Now, if only I could pinpoint the exact location of your Reiatsu, I could break you wide open! And you're in a damn chair.! I haven't even had such an easy target in ages!" After using the grid to pinpoint the holes in Aizen's Reiatsu, he attacked them by increasing their size, expecting it to deplete which would've paralysed and make his target unconscious.

But all he got was a conscious Aizen sitting still in the chair and heaving a sigh. "He won't even pass out? What a freak. Whatever. In a few moments, your Reiatsu will leave your paralysed. We can't have you shooting down the palace now. So be good and watch from there, okay?"