三十三

While Asa returned to watch the fight with Byakuya, Ichigo and Unohana were standing in front of the Garganta created by Kurotsuchi and Nemu. The captain spared them the lengthy explanations and simply stated if they make it to the other side they'll be in the Human World. But he warned if they take one false step inside the Garganta could cause them to lose their way in the uncharted space between Hueco Mundo and the World of the Living from which they would never return. At that moment, Ichigo compared the situation to the time Urahara sent him, Uryu and Sado into Hueco Mundo to rescue Orihime, remarking that Kurotsuchi must have been Urahara's disciple at one point, as the two of them were quite similar. Kurotsuchi was greatly offended by this, but before he could do anything, Ichigo bid him goodbye and jumped into the Garganta. Unohana instructed her Lieutenant to take care of the rest before following him.

"Ichigo." muttered Rukia with concern.

"I see." said the grinning Kurotsuchi. "Fascinating. Kurosaki Ichigo is a fascinating man! I thought it might be interesting to trap him in the Garganta, but I changed my mind! I'll take my time putting some fear into him once this battle is over. Fear that'll make him think of this battle as a pleasant memory!"

"Understood, Mayuri-sama." responded Nemu, who was keeping the Garganta open with her reiatsu. "I'll think up a plan."

Not far from them, Byakuya and Asa were watching Zaraki and Yammy locking in combat. He glanced at her from the corner of his eyes before his gaze returned to the battle. "Why didn't you follow him?" he asked.

Asa looked at him, confused by his sudden question. "Why made you ask that?" she questioned back.

"You are aware of Aizen's abilities and his weaknesses." he began. "You have the bigger advantage compared to us. And yet, you chose to stay here. Why?"

She stared at him while processing his question before staring ahead, letting her gaze land on the huge amount of dust cloud shrouding the combatants while thinking of an answer. "Honestly, I don't know why." she replied. "I may be the only person who's able to see through Kyoka Suigetsu's Complete Hypnosis, besides knowing Aizen well enough to know who he really is." At that moment, a gentle smile flickered across her face. "But I think Ichigo is the right person to stop him."

Byakuy's gaze fixated on her for a moment before he closed his eyes. "Fool." he scolded lightly.

Asa merely chuckled and gave him a playful look. "Would rather have me fight Aizen instead?" she asked. "I can get Kurotsuchi-taichou to send me to the World of the Living."

She could see Byakuya tense up at the thought of sending her in Ichigo's place instead. She saw his eyes snapped open and glared at her. "Don't you dare." he said. Asa merely giggled at his reaction before continuing to watch the fight.

Zaraki had his arms raised, wielding the Zanpakutou, and attempted to struck Yammy, who blocked it with his arm before pushing him away. Zaraki seemed unfazed by this, as he landed on his feet and skidded a distance from him. "For a worm, you're pretty tough." he remarked with a grin.

"Don't talk big!" yelled Yammy before throwing punches at him. "Eat this!" After a few blows, he stopped and said, "Can't fight back anymore? It's over. I'll crush you like a damn fly!" With his fist raised up high, he lowered it to give Zaraki the final blow, only to have his index and middle fingers sliced off, causing him to yell out in pain as he gripped his hand. "Damn it! My fingers! How dare you cut off my fingers!" But to his surprise, Zaraki was on his wrist, standing on his two feet. With a grin, the Shinigami ran up his arm until he was close enough to leap and slash Yammy's forehead.

"I'm not done yet!" he said. Once he landed on the ground, he charged at the Arrancar and to continue fighting.

Meanwhile, the rest of the Shinigami were watching the fight resume. "Why did you stay behind, Kurotsuchi Mayuri?" asked Byakuya out of the blue.