三十

"Shit!" cursed Uryu. "Another wave of Hollow is forming." He then looked at his friend and said, "Sado-kun, let's split up and exterminate them." The said boy nodded in response before doing as what his friend suggested. Uryu formed Ginrei Kojaku before using Licht Regen, releasing hundreds of Heilig Pfeil that destroyed the Hollow as Sado fired El Directo, which killed dozens more.

"Hado #33: Sokatsui!" As more Hollow swam, Rukia fired two blue flames from her palms, each obliterating a Hollow. But fighting a hoard of Hollow with merely Kidou wasn't enough as more approached them.

"Scatter, Senbonzakura." commanded Byakuya. Upon releasing his Zanpakutou, a swarm of blade petals destroyed the Hollow around them.

"Asobi, Kage Odoriko!" At her command, the Zanpakutou went into its Shikai form and cloned itself before the clone turned invisible, allowing Asa to kill few Hollow at a time. Just few feet away from her, the longsword was gliding around the Hollow and a trail of reiatsu that resembled a needle's thread sliced few of the Hollow that contacted it. Once it reached to its master's grasp, he harshly tugged it and bound multiple Hollows together, killing them at once.

Meanwhile, as Ichigo took down two more Hollow, dozens more piled on top of him, only for him to destroy them all with several rapid swings of his sword. When he rushed toward Muramasa again, more Hollow appeared in front of him. He killed six more before firing a point-blank Getsuga Tenshou at Muramasa. As the attack tore through the right side of Muramasa's body, red electricity crackled around him as he fell from mid-air and crashed to the ground below. Ichigo descended to the ground, where the dust clouds cleared up to reveal Muramasa standing up with the right side of his body nearly reattached by itself.

"Can't lose!" said Muramasa, who was already starting to lose himself as a Zanpakutou spirit.

Suddenly, his body began to contort and expanded upwards into a black-red mass, which then fired hundreds of black-red objects into a solid shape. "What the-!" exclaimed the shocked Ichigo before it swept him away and formed a huge hemisphere.

"Kurosaki-kun!" called Orihime.

"Ichigo!" followed Rukia.

At that moment, the black-red mass began to expand outward into a dome, red electricity crackled around it as the cracks in the sky above spread. "I can't sense Ichigo's reiatsu." noted Asa as she stared at the thing with confusion before looking above. "Is the Hollow reiatsu that Muramasa absorbed causing all this?" As the dome stopped expanding, a glob of darkness landed in the nearby forest and transformed into a Gillian, which roared. Soon, more globs of darkness transformed into Gillian. A tear then formed in the center of the cracked sky, which was recognised by the Quincy.

"This isn't good." he said. "The Garganta's growing bigger. And we're in pretty bad as it is." He and Sado had to stop fighting and leap away when a Gillian fired a red Cero at them. After dodging several red Cero, Byakuya released Senbonzakura once more, taking down a few Gillian at once. On the other hand, Rukia and Orihime ran away from another Gillian, whose foot crushed several trees behind them charging a red Cero, preparing to fire it at them.

"Tsugi no Mai, Hakuren!" came a familiar voice.

Suddenly, the Gillian was encased in ice before shattering into uncountable pieces. Rukia recognised this power and, to her surprise, her Zanpakutou spirit was just above her, holding her Shikai form. "Sode no Shirayuki?" she muttered her name.

"I'm sorry I took so long." she said, while descending, in a tone that was no longer cold like when she last fought her.

"Sode no Shirayuki, what are you doing here?" asked Rukia, who was still surprised by her presence.