五十四

The Zero Division emerged from the Tenchuuren and made their grand entrance, with one of them carrying a large flag with the emblem of the Zero Division, which resembled a White Daphne, and the other provided music by playing multiple instruments simultaneously with her arms. Ichigo and Asa blinked owlishly at them.

One of them was a large and broad man with a bald head named Ichibe. He had red eyes, bushy eyebrows and a long black beard. He wore the standard Shihakusho beneath a white, long-sleeved haori decorated with the Zero Division's emblem. The top of his uniform was open enough to expose his hairy chest. He also wore a large set of red prayer beads around his neck and a pair of single-toothed tengu geta.

The Shinigami on his right was Oetsu, who was a dark-skinned man with thick, black hair that was shaven and dyed green on the sides of his head. He wore a variation of the Shihakusho, featuring a green undergarment, instead, and a shortened hakama that exposed his lower legs. He wore a white, sleeveless puffer jacket that bore the emblem on its back, as well as the alternating circle and diamond pattern similar to the Captain's haori along the bottom. His attire was completed by gold-framed sunglasses with blue lenses, and a pair of green slippers that were gold trimmed and had a shoe-like appearance.

On Ichibe's right, Kirio was a plump, purple-haired lady with styled swirl-shaped markings on her cheeks, and black lips. She had a large silver adornment in her hair and wore the standard Shihakusho beneath a white, long-sleeved haori decorated with the same emblem.

Behind the three, the Shinigami chewing upon a stick was Tenjiro, who was a lean-built and very tall man with black hair arranged into a large pompadour with tapered sideburns. Instead of the standard Shinigami uniform, he wore a waist-length white jacket that left most of his chest exposed but still bore the Zero Division emblem on its back, as well as the alternating circle and diamond pattern along the bottom. His outfit was completed by a black hakama, a large yellow sash around his waist, and a pair of sandals.

Senjumaru had the appearance of a slender and very youthful woman with fair skin and long black hair that was adorned at the back by a large golden ornament in the shape of a crescent moon with numerous small lines radiating outwards. She wore a Shihakusho beneath a white long-sleeved haori, over which she donned a further white robe fastened at the front near the center of her chest. She also wore a pair of extremely thick-soled okobo. Attached to her back was a number of long skeletal arms.

"Here we are, here we are!" cheered Tenjiro. "The Zero Division is here! It's been a long time, fledglings of Gotei 13. Are you eating and sleeping properly?!"

Hirako stared at them with an emotionless expression, along with a drip of cold sweat on his cheek. "Kinda different from what I was expecting." he muttered. Suddenly, he was smacked in the back of his head, prompting him to step away and rubbed that area while glaring at the plump Shinigami. "What the hell?!"

"It's been so long, Shinji!" she greeted cheerfully. "Isn't Hiyori-chan with you? That's weird."

"So long?" repeated the confused man. "Who are you?!" But when he remembered what she'd asked him, he froze. "Wait... "Hiyori-chan"?"

"What are you saying?" asked the lady. "Did you forget about me? It's me, Kirio!"

"Ah!" exclaimed the shocked Hirako, who was unable to recognise her from the start because of the change in appearance. "You're Kirio-san?! You've cha- Eh?! You haven't simple changed! Who are you?!"

"Oh no, Shinji!" laughed Kirio. "I haven't changed that much! Ah, I'm hungry!"

Tenjiro approached the Captain of the 4th Division. "Been a long time, Unohana." he greeted. "How are you? Are you using the healing techniques I taught you properly?"