二十二

At the release command, his pupil dilated, and his Zanpakutou bent a few times into the shape of an edged spiral before a thick white smoke emitted from the corners of the spiral. The smoke shrouded his body and then transformed into a thick, white, foamy liquid. Once it melted away, it revealed Zommari's body that was entirely covered with many open eyes of his own. His legs, along with his lower body, were replaced by a pink round structure that was surrounded by cyclopean faces which that resembled his own face. His neck was covered in a skull-shaped neck brace with an open eye in the front. Black markings also appeared on his face in the form of two downward triangles starting from his eyes, and another five triangular markings appear under his mouth.

Byakuya kept his guard up, for he didn't know what to expect from his enemy in his released form. But the moment he held his hand out towards him, the pupil dilated before the entire eye on his palm glowed purple. Byakuya immediate used Flash Step to get out of the way and kept his gaze on the hand.

"What's wrong?" taunted Zommari, which caused him to furrow his brows. "You assumed that I was preparing to release my attack, and yet nothing had happened. It seems you are unable to comprehend the reason why. Such a shame." He suddenly grinned before saying, "It has already happaned!" Byakuya's eye widened with shock before he looked down to see a sun-shaped tattoo on his left foot. "Your left leg now belongs to me."

"What's this?" he demanded.

"Everything holds sovereignty over something else." explained the Espada. "Subordinates are at the command of their supervisors. Commoners are at the command of their king. The clouds are at the command of the wind. The light of the moon is at the command of the sun. Brujería's ability is to steal that sovereignty away from whatever my eyes gaze upon. I refer to this ability as "Amor"." He then took note of Byakuya staring at him and said, "You still appear to be confused. I pity you. Your lack of knowledge has left you surrounded by countless things you cannot understand. It must be infuriating. But in spite of this, everything will make sense once you experience it." Using his left hand, he started making a gesture for something to go to him. "Now, come here, left leg."

At that moment, Byakuya's left foot began to move without his consent, and he tried to fight against it but failed. "Resistance is futile. Your sovereignty no longer extends to your left leg." He waved his hand again and said, "Now, one more step." When this happened, Byakuya immediately used his Zanpakutou to slice his own leg, causing a lot of blood to spill from the gash. "Oh, you've separated the nerves in your left leg from the muscles. That will certainly prevent me from moving it. You make decisions and take action so wonderfully fast. But then, how will things go over here?"

When he glanced at the two unconscious Shinigami, Byakuya's eyes widened with horror and he used Flash Step to reach them with his hand raised in front of his face just when the Arrancar was about to use Amor on them. "Oh? Even on one leg, you can move that well? Just what I'd expect from a Captain! Most admirable!"

"Cursed filth." hissed Byakuya while glaring at him.

Suddenly, they heard someone running towards them, and out came another Shinigami. "I finally caught up with you!" he said tiredly. "Leaving me behind like that was so mean, Kuchiki-taichou! I told you that I can't use Flash Step, didn't I?" He stopped next to the said man and rambled, "I can't run quickly. It's scary being all alone in a place I've never been to before, the inside of the building is frozen and cold, I'm hungry, and I don't know my way around so I almost got lost-" He stopped when he noticed Zommari and yelped out of shock before hiding behind the Captain, where his gaze caught hold on the dripping wound, making him gasp. "Kuchiki-taichou, your leg's been seriously wounded!" He then noticed the two unconscious Shinigami and panicked even more. "And Rukia-san and Asa-sama are over there?!" He took a step towards them while calling their names, but slipped on the floor and fell on his face. He sat up while wincing in pain and rubbing the part that contacted the ground. "Ow.."