二十三

With the room now destroyed into rubble and ruins, Byakuya returned when the hundred million cherry blossom petals drifted away in the wind. He walked towards the Kidou barrier he erected around Rukia, Hanatarou and Asa, and dissipated it. He was about remove the binding spell that ceased Asa's movements when his peripheral vision caught hold of something - the sun-shaped mark that was still imprinted on his hand; his enemy was still alive. "You're tough." he commented before looking at the pink defensive sphere that had blood trickled out of the corners, creating a puddle on the ground.

At that moment, a hand emerged from the top of the sphere, and out came a panting Zommari, who was badly injured by the Bankai as blood trails that started from the eyes on his body were all over his body, and more of them spilled to the ground. "Damn... you..." he cursed. While watching, Byakuya held the hilt of his Zanpakutou up, and the cherry blossom petals gathered to form the katana blade, returning back to its normal state. "Damn you... Damn you! I'll get you!" The lines on his forehead glowed purple before separating, revealing eight more eyes with pupils dilating to mark the Shinigami again.

But the latter seemed to know what was going to happen and said, "Bakudo #81 Danku." As soon as he created a translucent barrier in the form of a large rectangular wall, Zommari's attack was completely blocked when the mark was imprinted on the barrier instead, catching him off guard.

"What is that?!" he questioned.

"A barrier that can completely defend someone against all Hado, up to 89." explained the Shinigami. "When I learned that I could stop Asa with Rikujokoro, I determined your ability must be akin to Kidou. Clearly, I wasn't mistaken."

Clenching his teeth out of frustration, Zommari yelled out, "Damn it!" The eyes on his forehead kept glowing purple as he began using Amor multiple times, leaving the marks on the barrier. "Accept my love! Take it! Take it! Take it already!" But not matter how much he tried, his attacks weren't able to break through the barrier, giving Byakuya to chance to use Flash Step to get behind him and held the blade near his head, which stopped him from continuing and stood frozen with shock.

"Your impatience has blinded you." he stated, making Zommari glance at him from the corner of his eyes. "You make the title of "fastest Espada" weep."

The latter turned his head to look at him in the eyes and pleaded, "Mercy!" But when he saw that Byakuya wasn't budging, he asked, "What's with that look? Are you saying you can't forgive me? That you're going to kill me? That you're going to judge me?! Don't you understand that it's all empty pride?! Have you people ever thought about it?!" He pushed the blade away from his face and used Sonido to get away from him.

"Have you ever thought about the emptiness of cutting down killing others as a matter of course?" he continued. "Have you ever thought about what it means when you kill us Hollow like nothing?! You Shinigami murder us! And you act as if it's a natural act! Do you think you've become gods?! Who gave you permission to kill us Hollow? Is it because we eat humans? Yes, we eat humans. But who gave you the right to protect those humans?! Has anyone given you such an order? No! No one has given you the right to do anything! You've declared that we're evil and therefore kill us! You believe that you offer justice, but it's nothing more than hubris! That conceit, and that proud face of yours! You... You all-!"

Before he could finish his sentence, Byakuya used Flash Step once more and stood next to him, who had the look of fear as he stared at him. "When did I claim I would kill you as a Shinigami?" he stated. "The reason why I have killed you was simply because you pointed your blade at my lover." As soon as he fully sheathed his Zanpakutou, blood gushed out of Zommari's wound that was inflicted by him just seconds ago.