五十五

Tenjiro's home itself took the shape of a wooden, feudal-era hot spring, with two signs on either side of the entrance stating in the kanji "麒麟殿", which was the building's name. Somewhere inside the palace, there was a pair of large hot springs housed within its large open interior. One of them was a clear hot spring surrounded by a number of small waterfalls and featuring a giant sozu. Tenjiro was in the pool with a confused Ichigo on his right and Asa on his left. All of them were naked and each had a towel on top of their head.

Neither of them spoke a word, but the moment the sozu collided on the rock, Ichigo couldn't take it. "This is effing noisy!" he yelled, glaring at the bamboo with a vein throbbing on his cheek. "Are you trying to scare people away?! Though that's not what's most disturbing!" He then glared at Tenjiro and continued, "Why are we here?!"

"Shut up." said the annoyed Tenjiro. "Be careful. Your towel's gonna fall off."

"Why are we idling in a hot spring?!" demanded Ichigo. "Why did we come here for?!"

"Huh?" responded Tenjiro nonchalantly. "Don't you get it? It's a hot-spring cure." Just then, Byakuya's head emerged from the water, which caught his attention. "Oh, this shouldn't float." With that, he slammed him back into the water.

"Byakuya?!" shouted the shocked Ichigo. "Wait, wait, wait! Why are you keeping him underwater?! He's gonna die! By the way, when did you even put him there?!"

"Jeez, how annoying." sighed Tenjiro before he pulled up another injured Shinigami. "It's not only Byakuya."

"Renji?!" exclaimed the Substitute Shinigami. "You're holding him like a red turnip?!" Something caught his attention, and when he looked at it, he was even more stunned. "Rukia, too!"

"Aren't you gonna say that she looks like a peach?" teased Tenjiro.

"Shut up!" yelled Ichigo.

"If you have nothing to say, shut up." said Tenjiro. "By keeping them underwater, their wounded Reiatsu is getting squeezed out together with their blood."

"Wounded Reiatsu?" repeated Asa, looking at him with a puzzled expression.

He then used his thumb to point at the steaming hot spring that looks to be filled by a pool of boiling blood, as shown by the signboard pointed with the kanji "血の池地獄". "Can you guys see that red hot spring over there?"

"More than a hot spring, I can see a sign-board saying "Blood Pond Hell"." stated Ichigo.

"Yeah, it says that." confirmed Tenjiro. "That Blood Pond is where I'll throw Byakuya after he's completely empty." He then got up and picked up the said Shinigami, tossing him to the hot spring like a rag. "There!"

"What are you doing?!" yelled Ichigo, who was taken aback by this. Asa, on the other hand, blinked owlishly as she watched Byakuya splash into the pool of blood. "He's risking his life!"

"I said shut up!" scolded Tenjiro. "His blood is sucked away by this White Bone Hell, and then replenished in the Blood Pond Hell. By repeating this a few times, the rotten blood and Reiatsu are completely sucked out and substituted with this hot spring water. This is my healing technique!"

"Will they really heal with that?" asked the dubious Ichigo.

"Weren't you Urahara Kisuke's disciple?" asked Tenjiro, still standing with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Di- I'm not!" answered the boy.

"Wasn't there a weird hot spring in his and Shihouin Yoruichi's "playground"?" asked Tenjiro, which prompted Ichigo to remember getting his wounds healed in the hot spring after a long training session. "That is something Urahara Kisuke created after analyzing the water in my hot spring. Shut up and stay in the water like Asa here. Wounds like yours won't take more than one night to heal, you'll even get healthier than you were before."