五十二

Akon began explaining to Ichigo, Asa and Tadashi what happened since the cloaked Quincies invaded Soul Society to declare war, killing the Lieutenant of 1st Division as well. And during their time in Hueco Mundo, war had begun in Soul Society, with the Quincies dominating. "Currently, our casualties are 2245 soldiers, 16 seats, 1 Lieutenant whose Reiatsu vanished." he reported while the Shinigami rushed through the portal as fast as they could. "Consider this as rough data, as the numbers are increasing by the second. Lots of buildings were also damaged. It's impossible to calculate."

"Is their Reiatsu are vanishing, does that meant they died?" questioned the worried Tadashi, who had removed his Reiatsu-concealing cloak.

"It's uncertain." answered Akon solemnly. "We couldn't confirm directly. But the Lieutenant is neither Kuchiki Rukia nor Abarai Renji."

"We're not asking that-"

"I only reported what we know." said the researcher, interrupting Ichigo. "No hidden motives. I'm continuing. In the enemy army there are at least sixteen individuals who are Captain-rank in power, if not superior. They call themselves" Sternritter" and wear typicall white Quincy outfits.. Further, so far the enemy had no losses. We didn't win one single battle."

"What are the enemy's abilities?" demanded Asa.

"Unfortunately we know nothing, except for the fact that they are Quincy." he answered. "This is how critical the situation is. However, there is one thing we know. The enemy is able to "steal a Bankai"."

Their eyes widened with shock. "Steal?!" repeated Ichigo. "What are you saying?! How is it even possible?"

"I also had doubts." said Akon. "But we have no way to argue. Because this information comes from the Captains of 2nd, 6th, 7th and 10th Division, who were stolen their Bankai already."

"No way...!" gasped Tadashi, who was as shocked as the other two.

'Taichou!' thought Asa with worry. 'Byakuya!'

Just then, the phone rang again, prompting Ichigo to answer, temporarily putting Akon's line on hold. "I'm going to tell you about the enemy's abilities." came Urahara's voice. "I was able to father data from Kurosaki-san's earlier battle. I'll start from what I analysed. There are three Quincy abilities mainly worth mentioning.

"The first one is "Quincy Vollständig". It's the easiest to understand because their appearance and power changes evidently. But what we currently know about it is only based on what Kurosako-san experienced.

"The second one is what they called "Blut". By making Reishi flow into their blood vessels, they increase their attack and defense power drastically. This "Blut" is dangerous, but it also has one big flaw. The Blut for attack and defense work using two different Reishi systems so they cannot be used at the same time. Earlier, he wasn't able to land a blow on Kurosaki-san after he used the Bankai. This is because he was no match for Kurosaki-san's Tensa Zangetsu's extremely fast attack speed, so was forced to use his Blut to defend himself. The reason Asa-chan was able to deliver the final blow is that he got enraged because of Kurosaki-san's words and for a second used his Blut to attack. I believe this switching of Blut might be a crucial point when fighting the Quincy.

"Finally, the third and most important, the "stealing of the Bankai. As Akon-san said, they use their metallic plate to steal Bankai. To find out how it actually works, I'll have to examine this guy's plate. But what is important now, is that he was unable to steal Kurosaki-san's Bankai.

"Currently I can't say anything definite about the reason, but I think that the enemy waited for Kurosaki-san to be stuck in Hueco Mundo to invade Soul Society. The enemy is wary of Kurosaki-san. More than anyone else. This is why it's important for you to go to Soul Society. It's a dangerous fight. I'll be heading there too myself. Please, don't any of you overdo it."