三十一

By the time Asa recovered her reiatsu in the Urahara Shop, Ichigo had defeated Muramasa and the Zanpakutou Spirits returned to their respective Masters; which meant that it was time for her to return to Soul Society. Tadashi was reluctant to let her go because he was worried about the side effects she had the last time. But when Byakuya stepped in to assure that she would be fine as long as she's under his care, the young Soul gave in, knowing that it would be pointless to try and convince the Captain otherwise.

After bidding Tadashi and Urahara farewell, she returned to Soul Society with the other Shinigami. She thought that she could finally go back to the Sasaki Manor and relax by having her alone time, but Byakuya wasn't kidding when he said that she was going to be under his care. He began visiting her at her home, bringing gifts such as a box of wagashi, kanzashi, and silk obi for her kimonos. Sometimes he would bring in extravagant traditional medicine to help her recover after using so much of reiatsu during the battle with Muramasa and the brainwashed Zanpakutou Spirits. Though she appreciated them, she thought that it wasn't necessary for him to give her something each time he visited her. She tried convincing him that he needn't continue this, but he did; and the gifts were becoming more expensive and luxurious.

Eiichi was hesitant at first to allow him to enter the Sasaki Manor due to the incident in the 6th Division where Senbonzakura "killed" her, even though it was merely an illusion. But after some convincing, he allowed the Captain to enter the manor.

"Excuse me!" called the butler from behind the shoji before sliding it to the side to reveal himself. "Kuchiki-sama has arrived."

At that time, Asa, adorned in a light blue kimono, was doing calligraphy in the middle of the room, with the other door opened to give her the night view of the patio. She looked at him before her gaze landed on the 6th Captain, who began entering the living room with another gift wrapped in a green furoshiki, prompting the former to take his leave. "Byakuya-san." she greeted while putting the brush down, making sure that the ink didn't contact the table. "I didn't think you would visit again."

"How absurd of you to say that." he remarked, placing the gift on the table before taking a seat across her.

While Hikari entered the room and served him tea, Asa stared at the gift for a moment before heaving a soft sigh. Taking a bow, the maid left the living room, allowing Asa to say, "Byakuya-san, I've told you before that you can stop bringing gifts. You've already done so much for me."

The said man didn't say anything. He had his arms crossed over his chest and eyes closed. "I have already brought the gift." he said instead. "I believe it is more meaningful that you open what I've brought for you."

A sweat drop formed on the back of Asa's head. "There's really no point in trying to change your mind, huh?" she mumbled. Heaving a mushroom sigh, she reached out for the gift and began unwrapping the cloth. Once she had opened it, she was shocked to see what the gift was. There laid a beautiful ivory kimono with long sleeves, both printed with some purple and white flowers to add some details, and a large hem that had a design of pink, light purple and white flowers, creating a beautiful gradient. Besides the kimono robe, he included a matching haneri, a grey obi with the same, but bigger, white flower patterns, a dark purple obijime, and a light pink obiage.

Asa couldn't believe it as she stared at the clothes with a flabbergasted look. She knew how much it cost for a kimono set, especially silk, and it wasn't cheap. So for Byakuya to give her something as extravagant as this, she felt like she couldn't just take it. Yes, he may be able to afford it with the amount of fortune he had. But she felt that he could've gotten her things like the trinkets and snacks he had gotten her before.