六十二

Asa walked towards Baldric, being careful to not step on the puppets and humanoids on the ground, and stared at his lifeless body. "What was that just now?" she asked Tadashi, who approached her side. "Did your Bankai absorb the Reishi that made up one of their hearts?"

"Yes." he replied. "Okou-baachan's Jinsei no Sozo-sha uses very dense Reishi as the material for her to create something, like those creatures. All of them are made of that high-density Reishi. When that boy crushed his heart and made those wooden puppets, I knew that both his and the girl's heart are made of very dense Reishi. So I had Okou-baachan to make as many of those creatures as possible until she ran out of Reishi. That way, she would pick up the kid's Reishi and "steal" them. But I didn't expect the heart to bleed once the Reishi was removed; which means that all this while, the boy's heart was made purely of out Reishi while the girl's was a mixture of blood and Reishi, and this serves the many purpose for their abilities."

"I see." was her response.

At that moment, they heard a battle going on from far, picking up Reiatsu from both Shinigami and Quincy. Attacks were given and deflected, resulting in more buildings getting destroyed by the impact. "Have we been here that long?" asked Tadashi when he realised that the Shinigami were doing their best to fight against the Quincy while letting Ichigo go to the Soul King Palace with Urahara's help.

"If I'm not mistaken, our fight with the twins lasted for almost two hours." stated Asa impassively.

The younger Shinigami looked at her with a sweat drop on the back of his head. "How can you be so calm?" he questioned. He regained his composure and looked towards where the fight was taking place. "Shall we go?" Upon receiving a nod as a reply, the two of them took off using Flash Step.

Although it was still far from the battlefield, Asa picked up something that surprised her, and not in a good way. She wasn't certain if it was the person she thought of, but judging by the Reiatsu this person was emitting, there was no mistake. She quietly called Tadashi's name, wanting to tell him what was on her mind. But it seemed that he knew what she was thinking, because he said, "I know, Asa-nee. You may go ahead. I'll join the others." The said woman looked at him with surprise for a fraction, thanking him before picking up the pace to the source that caught her attention the most; and she was right.

"Kurotsuchi-taichou!" she called, prompting the said man to look up and his gaze followed to her kneeling before him. He was wearing a bright white overcoat with many ridges on the front. The overcoat had a hood that has many protrusions that gave the appearance of a sun. He wore a pair of plain white shoes that split into opposite points at the toe. "Please let me fight him. As the 3rd Seat of the 10th Division, it is my responsibility to do so."

He stared at her before returning his gaze to the zombified Shinigami defeating Ikkaku and Yumichika before heaving a sigh. "Fine." he said, giving in. "But don't kill him. I have lots of drugs that I want to experiment with."

"Yes, sir!" she responded. Getting up, she turned around to look at her Captain, whose appearance had changed dramatically. His skin had turned dark red, and he wore a white double-breasted trench coat with black lapels fastened by four buttons on either side and had a badge with a six-pointed cross on the coat's left breast. He had a black belt with a large buckle around his waist, slightly baggy white pants, and white boots with furry black liners. Like usual, he had the thin chain holding his Zanpakutou's sheath around his upper torso.

'He moves exactly as he used to while alive despite being a corpse.' she noted as she landed behind him. He swung his Zanpakutou at her, but she quickly moved away using Flash Step. "No, that's not it." she muttered. "He was made into a zombie before he died."