三十四

"We will now pass judgement!" said one of the judges of the Central 46. "Former Squad 5 Captain, Sosuke Aizen. We sentence you to the lowest level of the Underground Prison 8: Muken, where you will remain for 18,800 years!"

Ten days had passed since Ichigo's last battle with Aizen, who was defeated and sealed by Urahara before being taken away. The proceeding took place in the underground assembly hall within the Central 46 Compound. Inside the dark hall, each of the Central 46 had a plaque with a number on it obscuring their face as means to identify individual members. Aizen sat bound to a chair by many black bands wrapped around him, where he was standing trial for high treason and a list of many other crimes.

Despite hearing what punishment he was being given, he had a smirk on his face and scoffed, "I see. The likes of you, passing judgement on me? It strikes me as a bit comical."

This statement, of course, offended the judges. "Traitor!" shouted one of them. "Pushing your luck just because you're immortal!"

"Restrain his eyes and mouth as well immediately!" ordered another.

"Increase his sentence to 20,000 years!" ordered the first judge.

"Yes, yes!" agreed another judge. Aizen showed no fear or regret, as he watched their reactions with amusement before the black band wrapped around his forehead lowered to cover his left eye, keeping him in the dark.

Within the shadows of the hall, Tamako was watching the whole trial unfold until Aizen was taken away, prompting him to disappear into the shadows and reappear in front of Asa, who was one of the rooms of the 1st Division barracks preparing her grandfather's medicine. "He has been sentenced to 20,000 years in prison." he reported while receiving a daifuku. "He's being sent to the eighth and lowest prison, Muken."

"I see." responded Asa softly. "Thank you, Tamako-kun." The said boy manifested into a dark purple miasma before he returned to her Zanpakutou. Asa looked out the window and stared ahead with many thoughts in her head, mainly about Aizen. No matter how hard she tried to follow what was the reason his plan that led him to his downfall, she couldn't understand why. She may have been the only person to understand him, but she couldn't figure out that reason; the reason for him to crave for more power.

'Aizen.' she thought with concern. 'What is on your mind? What are your intentions all this while?'

Even if she stood there and spend the whole day thinking, she wouldn't know the answer. Also, she had to bring these medicine to her grandfather's office where he would be. Lightly shaking her head to remain focus, she carried the tray in her hands and began making her way down the corridor that led to the 1st Division's office.

However, just before she could take a few more steps, she heard her grandfather yelled, "IDIOTS!" His voice was loud enough to cause the roof of the building to tremble, prompting the sparrows on top to fly away. Even Asa was caught off guard by his loud voice, as she nearly dropped the tray. She sneaked towards the door and saw three Captains standing before him, without an ounce of guilt on their faces as he scolded them.

"You lost your Captain's haori?!" he questioned angrily. "Tearing it is one thing, but losing it?! How can you look so nonchalant about it?!"

"Captain-Commander." addressed Byakuya. "Do not worry. It was just a cheap coat, so I will pay for it."

The said man slammed his staff to the floor, clearly not liking the 6th Captain's response. "That's not what I'm concerned about! And it wasn't cheap, you idiot! Listen! Battles aren't just about winning! What do you people think the Captain's haori is anyway?!"

"A nuisance." was Zaraki's reply.

"Cheap." said Byakuya.

"Fashion?" answered Shinsui.