三十七

Later that night, everyone in Seireitei was alarmed that the prisoner had escaped. Rukia and Asa had to change their plans, and began running on the rooftop before anyone caught them. "Why do I have to run?!" whined Ichigo, who had his Zanpakutou back and was follow behind.

"We're heading to Hakuto Gate to get us out of Seireitei!" informed Rukia.

They got down from the roof when they approached a giant hole in the wall, and crouched as low as they could while peeping to watch out for the other Shinigami. "If I give them a good explanation, they'll understand." he suggested quietly. "Is doing something like this a good idea?"

"It's not... normally." replied Asa, looking at him. "But don't you think something's wrong?"

"What did I do, anyway?" he asked.

"We don't know either." she replied. At that moment, Tamako emerged from the shadows and approached them while his master dug out a candy. "Did you find anything, Tamako-kun?"

"Apparently, people have been disappearing because a time gap has formed between Soul Society and the Human World." he reported after receiving the candy. "Kurotsuchi-taichou went to do a survey with Zaraki-taichou in charge of the security. They also disappeared, and when they searched the place, they found Ichigo's Combat Pass."

"Now that you mention it." Ichigo glanced down to where his Combat Pass used to be and said, "I lost it when the Cleaner attacked us in the Precipice World."

"Which means that your Combat Pass was presented as evidence for the disappearance of Kurotsuchi-taichou and the others." concluded Asa while sheathing back her Zanpakutou when Tamako returned to it.

"It's just like she said." came a familiar voice, which alarmed the three Shinigami as they quickly got up on their feet to face the source.

"Renji!" called Ichigo with surprise. "Ikkaku!"

"Damn!" cussed Rukia.

"Sorry, Ichigo." said the latter.

"You'll have to return to jail quietly." added the red-haired man.

"You guys too?" muttered Ichigo with uneasiness.

"We have no intention of killing you as long as you quietly turn yourself in." said Ikkaku.

"Though, I don't think that'll happen." said Renji.

"Tell us one thing, Renji." ordered Rukia after taking a few steps forward. "Why is Ichigo a suspect?"

"You heard Asa-san." he replied. "The answers are all there."

"We found that your Combat Pass was there in the Precipice World several days ago at about the very same time that Kurotsuchi-taichou and the others disappeared." elaborated Ikkaku.

"What do you mean "several days ago"?!" demanded Ichigo. "Rukia and I passed through the Precipice World yesterday, shortly after noon. And are you accusing me of eliminating Kurotsuchi and the others? I'm no magician, you know." Something about this issue seemed off, for Asa furrowed her brows with suspicion.

Rukia, too, had such thoughts. "Wait, Ichigo." she called. "I'm beginning to understand."

"Understand what?" he asked.

"The question of why your Combat Pass was presented as evidence even before we left the Human World is definitely a mystery." she said. "But one thing is clear. Whoever is responsible for trying to frame you is the mastermind behind this incident."