三十二

Although most of the Espada had perished in their own battles, there was one that remained standing - Yammy Llargo. However, despite the number of people fighting him, they still struggled due to his size and power. He grew to a monstrous size, and his ponytail grew longer. Besides, his skull ridges became more pronounced, and extended to the back of his head. His white mask fragments fused to his face, becoming his lower jaw. His red markings extended from his face into two long flame tattoos. His body transforms drastically, with his torso remaining largely the same grew eight large elephant-like legs on each side of his lower body, extending back from his torso. Each leg was connected to his body by white carapace-covered joints, and led up to the base of a bony tail club. On each leg, he had three large toes which extended backwards from the front to the back of the leg. Large purplish-gray cylindrical tubes formed on his elbows, allowing him to use them as piston-like rams. He also gained five large, black cylindrical tubes on his back, and had six black rounded nodules along the length of his forearms. Aside from the change his appearance, his number changed from 10 to 0, showing everyone his actual rank among the Espada.

It was a tough battle for his enemies, and they were nowhere close to winning. Sado and Renji laid on the ground unconscious, and Uryu was being healed by Orihime at the top of the dome; the only one left to fight the monstrous Espada was Rukia, who was sent crashing to the ground. Just then, Ichigo joined the battle; and he, too, had a hard time fighting Yammy. Despite going using Getsuga Tensho while Hollowfication, the attack didn't do much damage to the Arrancar, who then proceeded to fire a Bala while berating the other Espada that perished. As Ichigo was hit by the Balas, he thought to himself that despite the fact that Yammy was the one with all of his comrades dead, Orihime still had a much more pained look on her face. Ichigo slashed at one of the Balas, destroying it, and told Yammy that he didn't expect him to know friendship, nor did he regret cutting down his enemies, but he still didn't like the fact that he talked trash about the people he had fought.

Ichigo then donned his Hollow mask again, but this time the mask immediately dissipated, catching him by surprise. "Wha-?" he exclaimed. Yammy took this opportunity to reach out and grabbed the stunned Shinigami. "Damn!"

The Arrancar laughed before saying, "I'm not sure what's going on, but it looks like you can't take out that troublesome mask anymore!"

'Damn it.' thought Ichigo. 'Why can't I take out my mask? Does it have something to do with that odd feeling?!'

"Well, no matter." continued Yammy. "You did well. Much better than that lying scum over there." A grin flickered across his face and he said, "Die, scum." At that moment, his grip on the Shinigami tightened, causing the latter to scream in agony.

"Hado #33: Sokatsui." Suddenly, blue flames were fired at Yammy, creating an impact that was strong enough to have dust clouds shrouding him. Right after that, the attacker cut off one of his legs.

"What?!" yelled Yammy, who soon fell to the ground and released the surprised Ichigo.

However, the Arrancar let him go from up high, making him let out a scream as he began to fall. "That hurt..." he muttered once he contacted the ground, with an impact that created dust clouds shrouding him. "What was that explosion? Jeez, I can't see anything below." But what, or rather, who stood before him caused his eyes to widen with surprise.

"Why are you attacking him before me?" growled Zaraki while giving Byakuya a side glare. "Stay out of this."

"What are you talking about?" questioned back the latter, who was mirroring his action. "I arrived here first. Know your place."

The 11th Captain humphed at this. "It's not my fault if I slice you up by mistake." he remarked.

"Um, I don't think now's the right time to be arguing about this." said Asa nervously with a sheepish smile.