二十九

At the end of the battle between the two Kuchiki's, the ice covering the lake shattered as a large column of water burst through it, causing the water to fall to the lake. Byakuya and Kouga stood across from each other while holding their weapons forward in front of them. The former was the first to move, stumbling forward until his Zanpakutou spirit manifested and caught him before he could fall. As he looked over his shoulder, a large amount of blood spurted from Kouga, who soon fell forward.

"Im...possible..." he weakly said with disbelief. He stabbed the end of his spear into the ice in front of him and leaned on it for support. "I'm not done yet. I still have..." He then reached out as he called for his Zanpakutou. "Come, Muramasa!" But the Zanpakutou didn't manifested his sword form in his hand, nor did he respond. "What's keeping you, Muramasa?" He dropped his arms and looked down as he heavily panted. "Why won't you come? I'm calling for you... Murama-!" Before he could fully call his Zanpakutou's name, he fell into the lake and sank to the bottom.

After watching him take his last breath, Byakuya took a step forward and reassuringly said, "I'm fine."

Senbonzakura glanced at the lake over his shoulder. "Kouga..." he began. "If he hadn't been so powerful, he never would have had such preposterous dreams."

"This is the natural outcome for a weak-hearted person who controls great power." stated his master. "In the end, the power controls them."

"He's the exact opposite of you." said his Zanpakutou spirit after standing up, causing Byakuya to look at him. "You were willing to sully your name by becoming a traitor all to fight for your beliefs. Now you'll finally be able to go back to where you belong."

"You say too much, Senbonzakura." was the latter's response.

"That was quite the show, Byakuya-nii." came a familiar voice out of nowhere.

The said man's eyes widened with surprise before he looked around for the speaker, who had just landed in front of him and his Zanpakutou spirit. "Tadashi." he greeted. "What are you doing here?"

"I sensed Kouga's reiatsu from far." replied the said man. "I thought of coming here to seal him back like what my late grandmother suggested. But I didn't expect you to be here and killed him off." He then placed his hands on his hips and sighed. "First, the Zanpakutou's rebellion. Then, your betrayal in Soul Society. And now, Kouga's seal was removed by his own Zanpakutou, and killed by you. I honestly I can't take anymore drama that's been happening within a week."

Byakuya's brows furrowed when he began listing the events that had happened for the past few days. "You have been exiled from Soul Society." he stated. "How on earth did you know all that?"

Tears dramatically streamed down Tadashi's cheeks. "How mean!" he cried. "Just because I'm stuck in the Human World for the rest of my life, doesn't mean I don't know anything!" He suddenly stopped and used the back of his hand to whip away his tears before looking at him. "But before I tell you how I know all this, I have something for you."

Suddenly, a fist collided Byakuya's left cheek, causing him to stumbled backwards until he was caught by Senbonzakura. "Master!" he called worriedly before glaring at the man standing across them. "You cursed filth!"

Byakuya had his eyes shut after receiving the punch from Tadashi. He opened them and was taken aback when he sent one to him, which he find it odd. He had known the Visored since the day he was born and treated him like a younger brother. Whenever he was invited to the Sasaki Family Manor, he would train with Michiro, and played with Tadashi after that, even though he was pretty tired. Eventually, the latter viewed him as another older brother that he looked up to, calling him "Byakuya-nii" for as long as he could remember.