Ch. 26

This is a very long chapter, so I'm going to keep this short.

Next chapter will probably be very...upsetting? and maybe one of the most unhappy moments of writing this book. That's why I started this one with all the positives.

I don't want you guys to be left in boredom, so I tried my best to have some "action" in this. Not my best, but hey, I've been sick. This is the best I can do lol.

Anyways, without me being a bother, enjoy this chapter :))

>><<

I think this years Christmas was the worst Christmas I've ever had. What comes in second is when my uncle David back, when I was younger, brought booze to the party. We literally had to call the cops on him to get him out of the house because of how bad the outcome was with him.

Christmas 2019 is not one I want to remember, and I sure hope it is never brought up again with our little group.

This is how it started...

I was cooking with Sal in the kitchen because he stayed the night before. Even though he isn't the best at his cooking, he made sure that he helped out. Sal also didn't want me to do all the work, so he made sure that he had a little part in it.

Soon, James and Joe came into the house. Sal left to sit with his friends while Bessy and I stayed in the back finishing our cooking. When we were done, we called everyone in to say grace. Before we did, I asked if Brian was on his way. I didn't want to miss out. Joe said that he said he was going to come, but apparently he couldn't make it last minute. I felt my heart sank as I grabbed Sal and James' hands. I said grace, then we ate.

Dessert was brought out when we went into the living room to just chat. We didn't want to jump into presents right away. One of the reasons was because we wanted to see if Brian would show up, but he never did. So, we started to open presents without him.

Let me take you to when we actually did something memorial first...

James, Sal, Joe, Bessy, Milana, Remo, and I were all opening up our presents. Not much has happened, yet we all had little laughs and 'awe' moments. Sal was opening up the ABBA vinyl record I had bought him. When he opened it, a smile formed on his face.

"ABBA?" Sal asked.

"What? You don't like ABBA?" I asked with a cocked head.

"I'll take it if you don't want it." Joe said with a cheeky grin.

"No, no. I'm going to keep it. I like ABBA. Thank you Addison." Sal planted a kiss on my cheek.

A small smile formed on my lips as everyone around us awed. I then felt my face heat up.

"I have a little box for Addison." Sal said getting up and going to his coat.

"Is it a note asking her out?" James asked as he pet Charlie's head.

"N-no." Sal stuttered, pulling out a little box. "It's just something cute I think she would enjoy."

"Again, a note asking her out?" Joe asked with a chuckle.

"It's not a fuck-freaking note asking her out!" Sal snapped.

A little part of me sunk. I was hoping for Sal and I to get back together. Maybe I should wait, though. I like where we are now. Even though we act like we are together, we are still best friends.

When Sal sat down, his eyes were bright as he smiled at me. He handed me the box, which I gladly took. On top of the wrapping paper was written 'for the love of my life.' No one had to know what he wrote. I ripped the wrapping paper off to reveal a little black box. I gave Sal a little crooked look while he just smiled back at me. I opened the box and inside was the best thing in the whole world. I audibly gasped.