Ch. 29

James:
Hey! Joe, Brian, and I are going out to get some breakfast. You want to tag along?

Addison:
Yeah, sure! Where at? What time?

James:
We are going to Pershing Square Garden in Manhattan, and we will be there around 9:00.

Addison:
Yeah, sure, I'll tag along. I will leave soon, I just got to get ready.

James:
Joe just told me that he's willing to come and pick you up.

Addison:
I think I'll be fine driving myself lol

James:
Joe says too bad. We are heading to your place, so be ready in about ten minutes.

Addison:
Okay dad :p

I threw my phone onto my bed then got dressed. I decided to go with a normal jean, a green sweater with a scarf, then threw my hair up in a bun. I put my glasses on and left my room. I put the dogs away, grabbed my keys, ran back upstairs to grab my phone, came back down to put my winter gear on, then waited. Soon Joe's car pulled up into the driveway. I grabbed my necessary items and went out to the car.

I slid into the back with Brian and James and Joe sat up front. They had to have planned this, that was no doubt.

"Good morning Addison!" James chirped.

"Good morning James. Morning Joe, Brian." I said buckling myself in.

"Good morning." They replied back in unison.

"How has your morning been?" Joe asked.

"It has been very good!" I replied with a smile. "Got to wake up with three dogs in the bed cuddled up with me. I thought it was sweet."

"Wait, did you just say three dogs?" James asked in curiosity.

I chuckled. "Yes, I did just say three dogs."

"Since when did you get a third dog?!" James asked.

I looked over at Brian, who just sat looking out the window. I saw his hand on resting on the seat. I placed my hand on top of his and squeezed it, making him look at me.

"Brian gave me him for Christmas." I said with a reassuring smile towards Brian.

"That's sweet." Joe said. "Even if you two aren't together, you know how to keep that friendship strong."

My heart sank a little, thinking about the tree knocking over to the ground on Christmas. Brian squeezed my hand back, seeing the pain fill my face.

"I wanted to give her something nice, since Addison stressed over Christmas." Brian said. "Also, I found the poor pup on the road, so I rescued him."

"Adopt don't shop!!" Joe yelled in the car. "Brian, you are a lifesaver to that dog."

Brian chuckled. "That's very true. But now he's in the hands of Addison."

"What does he look like? What's his name?" James asked.

"His name is Frosty because he was covered in snow when I found him." Brian replied.