Ch. 38

About a week later, Sal and I were in panic mode all around the house. Having to wrap all the presents for everyone, picking out nice outfits, showering, and getting the dogs ready, it was a mess. We kept bumping into each other, the kitchen was starting to look like a mess, everything was out of order.

"Addison, have you see Frosty?" Sal asked, running around the living room.

"He's outside." I replied stirring the rice, making sure it wasn't burnt.

"Fuck me!" He shouted. "Frosty, get back into the fucking house!"

Next thing I knew, muddy paw prints ran across of the floor. I gasped as Sal picked up the dog, getting mud all over his clothes.

"Well, I guess I have to get used to this." Sal groaned through gritted teeth.

Everyone was coming around three and everything was set around two. Sal and I sighed in relief as we both plopped down on the couch. His hands slithered around my waist to rest on my now slightly showing stomach. Sal's hands ran up and down the tiny bump, feeling for the little boy or girl.

"I cannot wait." Sal whispered, planting a kiss on my cheek.

"Hmm..." I hummed, testing my head back on his shoulder. "I know you can't. But I can, I don't want to be in the delivery room just yet."

"I would understand." Sal laughed, his head leaning against mine. "Hey, you know how you brought up moving in together a few months ago?"

My eyes furrowed. "Yeah.... what about it?" I asked.

"Well, since we are going to have a baby soon, and our relationship has been steady these past months, I think that it's time to move in together." Sal said.

My eyes widened. "You're joking."

"No I'm not." Sal stated seriously. "I've been looking at houses and I think I found a nice house that would be great for a family like ours."

I sat up and turned to face Sal face to face. Our eyes connected, and I could see that he was being one hundred percent serious. I let out a small laugh, a big smile forming on my face.

"I can't believe you." I said.

"What?!" Sal laughed.

"I can't believe that you are doing all of this! I honestly don't deserve you!" I said, tears starting to form in my eyes.

"Yes you do, because I need you." Sal placed a quick peck on my lips. "We were going to have to do this sooner or later, so why not now? We are having a baby Addison! I don't want him or her to go back and forth between houses.

"Addison, look, I know this has been such a hard time between the two of us, but this is it! We are moving past everything and we are finally having a steady relationship! Sure, we have a few bumps here and there, but it doesn't mean we won't get through it! We are made for each other! I also want to be able to come home everyday to seeing your pretty face. I don't want to be home to an empty, single house, I want the dogs to jump on me with joy. I want my wif-girlfriend, I mean girlfriend, waiting for me with her glowing smile. I want to be greeted with a kiss that makes me beg for more. I want those muddy green eyes to give me love every time I look into them. I want my daughter or son to be there when I'm home after a long day. I want a family, and I want us."

I just stared at Sal in underly disbelief. He was taking the time to look at houses for us, for our growing family. He wanted us to finally be together, wanting to make this work. After all that we've been through, he wants us to be us.

"Salvatore Vulcano, I want us as well." I said through tears.

Sal, in swift motion, pulled me in for a sweet and loving kiss.