Ch. 36

It's been at least a month and two weeks carrying the child of Sal and I. To be honest, it's been an emotional roller coaster. I can be happy one minute, then crying the next because I think Sal will leave me after birth. Sal has been trying to keep up the best he can, and I love him for that. We haven't told our friends yet because we wanted to wait until I had something to show off.

At the moment, Sal was ecstatic about having a child. We promised to keep it to ourselves for now, wanting to have a big surprise for everyone. The days were starting to come down, and every week Sal would tell me information about our little child. He had an app telling us all about our little baby, telling us if it is healthy and how big it was.

We were laying in Sal's bed on Sunday night. It just turned midnight and Sal got a notification on his phone. He picked it up to check what it was. It was from the baby app stating that our child was now the size of a blueberry. Sal was so excited that he placed his hands on my small bump stomach.

"You excited about being a father?" I asked, leaning my head against his shoulder.

"I'm so overly ecstatic." Sal said placing a kiss on the top of my head. "I can't believe it."

"Well believe it Sal. This is going to be the start to our new lives." I said with a smile.

"I'm most definitely going to enjoy it." Sal whispered, placing his lips onto my cheek.

>><<

"Come on Addy!" Brian groaned, pulling me off the couch.

"What do you want?!" I groaned as I was being dragged on the floor.

"Joe wants to head out now. And notice the emphasis on now." Brian said, letting go of my arms.

"Fine!" I groaned, getting up. "Let me go change, I'll be right back."

"Better be quick before that loud man busts through the door." Brian chuckled.

I just rolled my eyes and trotted up the stairs. Since it was now Spring, I decided to dress for the weather. But that meant that I also had to hide my little bump going on because no one knew but Sal, Bessy, and I. So I went with a loose black and white shirt with some capris. I kept my glasses on and put my hair up in a bun, wanting to look a little professional yet casual. I raced downstairs to see Brian playing with Frosty, grabbed my bag, put the dogs away, then we headed out the door. Brian and I hopped into Joe's car, with James in the front accompanying him.

"Where's Sal?" James asked.

"Off on a little business trip for his comedy." I replied buckling myself in.

"Again?" James asked with curiosity.

"Mhm." I hummed in response. "It's not his fault, he loves his comedy. And I also support him all the way." I smiled.

"Well, at least you have a base." Joe chuckled. "I can't believe you guys' relationship has been strong the past months. It's amazing."

"I agree." Brian chipped in. "It's great to see you guys happy together."

My eyes started to swell up with tears of joy. Even if I just wanted to smile through this, my pregnancy wouldn't allow me to have just one emotion. I started to wipe my tears as fast as I could as I laughed. "Thank you guys. We try our best." I replied.

Joe started to chuckle. "Why are you crying? We just said that it's amazing that you and Sal have been strong."

"I don't know why I'm crying." I lied with a laugh. "It's just been a very emotional month for me I guess."

"Why's that?" James asked, turning around in his seat to look at me.

I didn't know how to reply. I choked up on my words, trying to find a quick reply. "Well, having to be backing up Cam with his divorce, and seeing him in so much pain, it has hurt me." I said, which was semi-true.

"That is true." James nodded.

"How's he doing in that anyways? Who has the kids?" Joe asked.

"Cam has such a broken heart, but he's totally fine. Cam is having full custody on the kids, since Emerald is no longer happy in New York. She's moving to Chicago where she can find someone new and live a better life." I said honestly.

"Well, that sucks. But I'm glad Cam is keeping the kids." Brian said with a small smile.

"Me too." I agreed. "Those kids are Cam's whole world."

Without thinking, I placed my hand on my stomach, feeling the hard surface. Thinking that there is a blueberry sized child inside of me is crazy, and it makes me so happy. I know that Sal and I will be great parents, especially Sal. But we are still very nervous, and don't know how it's going to go.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Brian looking at where my hand was placed. I quickly moved my hand away, pretending that nothing happened. When Brian and I made eye contact, they were filled with curiosity, trying to fit the pieces together. It's when I placed my finger on my lips to tell him to keep quiet that he figured it out. His eyes lit up and I could see he was trying to contain himself.

>><<

"Brian knows." I said, biting my nail as I waited for Joe, James, and Brian to come back from the bathroom.

"How does Brian know?! I thought we were keeping it a surprise!" Sal yelled through the phone.

"Don't yell at me!" I retorted. "I wasn't thinking on our way here. I placed my hand on my stomach and Brian noticed. He pieced two and two together and boom, he figured it out."

I heard Sal sigh on the other side of the line. I knew he was frustrated because he has been planning this big surprise party for everyone. "Does James and Joe know?" Sal asked.

"Not that I know of, no." I said. "And you need to calm down. I can't hide my stomach forever, they will start to notice."

"I guess your right." Sal sighed. "But I'm still disappointed."

"Don't be disappointed Sal." I reassured. "What you have planned will go great, I know it. And you know why I know it? Because I love you."

"I love you too Addison, so fucking much." Sal breathed out. "I miss you and our baby already."

"We miss you too." I said. I saw the guys walking back towards me, signaling me to get off. "Look, I have to go. I will get a video chat later, yes?"

"Most definitely." Sal replied. "I love you."

"I love you too." Then I hung up.