Chapter 23

Rae's POV

I changed out of my clothes and into comfortable pajamas that I have found inside of a drawer. I walked into the small, cozy bathroom and did my natural hygiene for the night. Once I was finished, I brushed my raven back hair and sighed before leaving the bathroom and walking slowly towards the bed.

I climbed onto the bed and just sat there while I covered myself in the warm blanket. I sat in the darkness before feeling fear crawling all over me. The room started to light shake as I gasped feeling the ship slowly float upwards. Tears sprung out of my eyes as I held the blanket closer to me and started shaking slightly.

The sound of creeks and footsteps were heard from above as my brother yelled out orders. I turned towards the window and my eyes widened seeing the dark night sky and harmless clouds come into view. I breathed heavily before lying down on the bed and wrapping the blanket around me before placing the pillow over my head.

Tears streamed down my cheeks, my hands started trembling, my body wouldn't stop shaking, the scary thoughts ran through my mind, my heart started beating fastly, and my breaths were becoming heavy.

Fear overwhelmed me and I couldn't stop sliently crying to myself because I knew we would be up in the sky until further notice. I wished Killian was here to comfort me. I wish someone would comfort me.

I hate being alone.

The sound of a knock on my window interrupted my thoughts and I became frightened. I slowly crawled out of bed and looked out the window to see if anything was hidden in the dark night.

I shrugged before grabbing my curtains to close the view of my window and then heading back to the bed. Once I sat on the bed, I heard a swoosh. My body froze when I looked up to see nothing...nothing but my window open.

I swear that window was closed already.

I stayed quiet in fear before the darkness consumed my room. I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things, but it all changed when I spotted a shadow hovering over my bed. Only glowing dark green eyes were the only visible features shown to me.

" Please leave me alone. " , I whimpered.

The shadowy figure held his hand out to reach for me before a scream escaped from my lips. My door was slammed open and I gasped seeing the figure disappear before my eyes.

" Rae! What's wrong?! " , Killian asked worriedly.

" Um...there...shadow...um..." , I shuttered not knowing whether or not I should tell Killian.

" Speak up, pig. " , he said.

" I saw a shadow and it turned out to be spider. " , I chuckled nervously as I played with my hands.

My brother raised his eyebrow at me before using his hook to scratch his beard. I gave him a small smile before my eyes widened seeing the shadowy figure stay against the ceiling above the pirate.

" Are you sure that you are okay? " , Killian asked me.

" Perfectly fine. " , I said.

" Get some sleep, pig. " , Killian sighed before closing the door gently.

I waved at him before he left and looked up to see the shadowy figure crawling on the ceiling towards me. I scooted away from it before my back hit the headboard and I cursed under my breath.

The figure dropped from the ceiling and landed on the edge of my bed with a small thud. It started crawling towards me with those dark green glowing eyes and so I did what I had to do.

I grabbed my sword from the corner hidden near my nightstand and started to slash the air in front of the figure. The shadowy figure titled its head before I heard a hiss from it.

I breathed heavily before turning on the lamp next to my nightstand and then looking at the intruder. My jaw dropped and worries filled my hand when I saw blood dripping down Peter's shoulder where my sword wounded him. I panicked before scrambing out of bed and rushing into the bathroom and then coming out with a first aid kit.

I opened the kit and took out the necessary supplies before slowly going towards Peter. His eyes were indeed dark green but his expression remained emotionless. I cleaned up the blood, applied some cream to the wound, and then wrapped it a few times with a bandage. Then I placed a small kiss on the bandage before putting away the first aid kit.

I climbed back up to my bed and sat in front of Peter who still hasn't said a word.

" I'm sorry for hurting your shoulder. " , I said quietly. " I was just being defensive. "

Nothing.

I begun to play with my hands nervously and gave him a weak smile.

" I missed you. " , I whispered softly. " You have no idea how happy I am to see you. "

Again. Nothing.

" I was hoping you would come, you know. My brother had this crazy idea of putting pixie dust on the ship and well my fear of heights grew. " , I said.

Nothing. He hadn't said a word. All he did was listen and stare at me with this dark green eyes.

" Why are your eyes dark green? Did someone tick you off again? Did something happen? " , I asked concerned.

Not one word.

" Peter, please say something. " , I pleaded.

He blinked a few times before titling his head at me but before he could say anything I felt the ship slightly tip over before swooshing back to its position. Panic overwhelmed me and I whimpered before feeling myself buried in a chest. A familiar scent of mint and pine forest calmed my nerves down and I wrapped my arms around him as I breathed heavily.

" I got you. " , he whispered softly.

A/N: Cuteness is written all over this chapter 💕 Have a great day everyone!