Chapter 37

Rae's POV

I heard the knob of the door click and from there I knew who it was.

" Dinner. ", Victor said.

" I'm not hungry. ", I mumbled.

" Hungry or not, your presence is summoned by the king. ", he stated

" He is no king. ", I spoke bitterly.

" Must you be so stubborn? ", he asked in a bored tone.

I remained quiet as I stood in front of the window. Then my silence was interrupted by frustation as I turned around and approached Victor proud and tall, depsite my short height. I poked my finger on his chest and looked at him eye to eye.

" Tell the foolish king that I will not be attending dinner. I'm not hungry and I deserve some space because of how much I went through as things for me get worse. I lost everything and everyone that I once knew, not counting Killian. My royalty was stripped away by a stranger and now I have no purpose in my life. I am nothing. I am no one. I would rather face the consequences  than face that fake king. ", I said sternly.

His blue eyes lingered into mine before his face softened, but was quickly replaced by sternness. His lips curved ina cocky grin as he squat down to my height.

" Do you know who murdered your parents? ", he asked with curiousity

" No. ", I frowned. " But I'm sure it was an enemy of ours. "

" Well that enemy of yours is here in this castle. ", Victor hinted at me.

" Who? ", I asked quietly.

He leaned in closer to and whispered in my ear.

" That stranger not only stripped away you and Killian's royalty, but he killed your parents. "

" Liar. ", I accused him

" It's true. Ireland was falling apart since your parents became weakened by the disappearance of their daughter. At that time, that man worked for your parents and when he heard the news, he developed a plan to take over Ireland. Nobody knew who would be the heir to the throne and so the man took that opportunity to steal the throne by killing your parents. " , Victor explained

" How do you know this? ", I asked

" That foolish man told me himself. ", Victor chuckled before standing back up to his full height.

" I don't understand how you could work for this man if you knew he did something wrong. ", I frowned at him.

" As long as that man pays me to do whatever dirty work he wants me to do, then I keep my mouth shut. ", Victor shrugged.

" Then why would you tell me? ", I scoffed before crossing my arms.

" Because you desereve to know. ", he said sincerely. " I know you do not trust me but the things that I do are not because I choose to, but because I get paid to do so. "

" So the event that happened at Neverland was just an act? ", I raised my eyebrow.

" Indeed. ", he nodded. " I don't wish to take over Neverland, I was just getting paid to spy on you. "

" So that's how the king knows about me. ", I mumbled.

" Yep. He knew about your brother because he helped me escape Neverland. " , Victor grinned.

" You are a spy. ", I gritted my teeth.

" That gets paid. ", he nodded.

" Just wait until I expose you and that foolish king's plans! ", I exclaimed

" Too bad you aren't leaving. ", Victor smirked before taking a few steps backwards.

" I will leave with my brother and we will expose you both! ", I threatened.

" Good luck with that. ", Victor retorted before stepping out of the room.

And that's when I realized it was a trap.

" NO! ", I screamed before running towards the door.

Victor waved at me and magically closed the door. I placed my hands on the knob and twisted it only for it to lock from the outside. I banged on the door louldy as tears streamed down my face.

" LET ME GO! " , I cried

" Nah. ", he chuckled darkly.

" I'm hungry now. ", I said quickly.

" Too late. ", Victor taunted.

" Killian will realize that I am not there. ", I pointed out.

" It's good thing that I'm good at making excuses. By the way, you can bang on the door all you want, but nobody will be able to hear you. " , he snickered

I was about to ask what he meant by that when a magical force threw me againt the wall. I cried in pain when my back hit the wall and soon I fell to the ground with who knows how many bruises.

" Victor! ", I cried

" Nobody can reach you unless they have magic. Too bad only I can visit you. ", he taunted.

Then I heard footsteps leaving the door followed by an evil laugh. Mutiple tears streamed down my cheeks as I slowly got up from the floor and dragged myself to the bed. I sat down and breathed heavily seeing my clothes tore in some places and bruises forming on my arms. I kept crying because it was all I could do. There was no use to go against Victor since I was too afraid to face him.

" I'm sorry mother and father. ", I whispered to myself. " I have failed you as a daughter. "

And from there on I was welcomed by the room becoming chilly. I sighed before burying myself underneath the blankets and resting my head on the pillow. My hands trembled as I felt the charms on the bracelet and sighed.

Now I'm a prisoner in what use to my home.

A/N: Such an intense chapter...yikes. Stay tune for more