Chapter 33

Rae's POV

I stood there not being able to move or even breathe for a bit. My heart was pounding inside my chest, my breathing became heavy, my hands started trembling and chills ran down my spine. I blinked away my watery eyes before feeling a hand on my shoulder gently.

" Sorry for her behavior. " , My brother apologized to the so called " king ".

" Apology accepted. " , he said in a bored tone.

I stayed close to Killian with his arm around my shoulder and he pulled me closer to his side. My eyes stared at the man who claimed to be the " king ", but I knew something wasn't right. The man's eyes were taunting me with his dark shades of brown. His lips curved into a shy smile like he knew something that I didn't. The way he looked comfortable in the throne made me realize that he was very comfortable where he was at. I didn't feel the familar warm, cozy feeling like I use to; instead, I felt cold, damp feelings like something was off.

" I'm glad that you were able to make it. ", the man spoke lowly.

" Well, here we are. ", Killian said hiding his uneaseness with the king.

The king smirked at Killian and I as his dark brown eyes examined us from head to toe. He waved his hand dismissing everyone else that was in the room, except my brother and I.

" I know you both are wondering where your parents may be, am I right?, Prince Killian? ", the man taunted him.

Killian narrowed his eyes at the man and held me closer to his side. He slowly nodded as a response, but kept quiet at the mention of the king exposing his true identity. I sighed before rubbing his knuckles gently as a comfort.

" And you must be the fiesty, Princess Raegan. ", the king assumed, his eyes glaring at me.

" It's Rae. ", I corrected him.

" No, it's Raegan. ", he said firmly.

" I go by Rae. ", I gritted my teeth. " So respect my wish. It's that simple. "

He laughed at me. But not in a funny way. He held his stomach and slammed his knee as he continued to laugh at my bravery and courage to speak up for myself. I cowered my small frame further into Killian's chest and sighed.

" Moving on. ", Killian said sternly. " Where are our parents? The rightful rulers of Ireland. "

His laugher slowly decreased as the king straightened his back and folded his hands. His face becme stern and his words came out cold and harsh as he slammed his fist on the arm of the throne. I flinched at his reaction and watched him stand up and point at Killian.

" How dare you defy me? I am the rightful ruler of Ireland since those pathetic parents of yours almost drove Ireland into insanity. I had to step up and take the heir since you and your sister abandoned your country and kingdom! ", he exclaimed angrily.

" You didn't answer my question. ", Killian scoffed.

" Your parents. ", he begun as he pointed at Killian and then me. " Are dead. "

" Liar! ", my brother accused him.

" DEAD! BOTH OF YOUR PARENTS ARE DEAD! ", he shouted

" How would you know? ", Killian asked bitterly.

" Because it was ME who found them both DEAD! ", he clarified. " Both murdered during their slumber. "

Silence.

" I had no choice but to take the heir to the throne. So I'm the rightful ruler of Ireland. " , he declared.

" No, Killian is the rightful ruler of Ireland. ", I agrued.

A dark chuckle was heard from his lips as he looked at Killian and I with amsuement. He slightly slouched in the throne and waved his hand off.

" You both have no heir anymore. When you abandoned your kingdom, you stripped your royalty along with it. Nobody knows who you both are anymore. Your little family is just a memory that has been forgotten by the Irish people. Now, you are just seen as my guests...unless, you want to start something that won't end well for the both of you. ", he said coldly.

His words were sharp enough to cut the happiness that I felt. First, I was to be married to Damon. Second, I met Peter Pan, my favorite fairytale character. Third, I found out that Captain Hook was my long lost brother. Fourth, I start dating my favorite fairytale character despite his wicked ways. Fifth, I broke up with him and left with my pirate brother. Then, I find out that we are going to Ireland. And now, all of the memories of me being back home is drained when my royalty was stripped away from my life.

My entire life wasa joke. I was a joke.

I had nothing left. I lost Killian to his pirate imagination, I lost Peter, my first boyfriend and best friend. I lost many other friends such as Scott, Petra, and Anna. Damon has probably forgotten about me. And now, I lost my royal heir to the throne.

I lost it all.

" We mean no harm. " , Killian spoke after the thick slience. " I understand that things have changed since our disappearance; however, I don't understand why you would summon us here. "

" Well a good friend of mine met your sister and then you. He realized that you two were the lost heirs to the throne of Ireland and well he told me...I just wanted to see them myself. " , the king explained.

" Well, now you have met us. I believe that there is nothing to be said anymore. You do you and my sister and I will do us. " , Killian waved him off quickly as he held my hand.

" Nonsense. I'm sure you and Raegan must be tired and exhausted from your journey. You must eat and rest. " , The king advised.

" We prefer not to. " , Killian muttered before turning ourseleves around as he started to walk towards the door.

Suddenly, the double doors opened magically by themselves making Killian and I stop in our tracks. My eyes widened as I gasped in horror.

" Victor. Just in time to escort our guests to the guest bedrooms. " , the king said cheerfully.

His blue eyes stared at mine. His lips curved into a playful grin as he bowed his head mockingly.

" We meet again, Rae Jones. " , he darkly chuckled.

A/N: * dramatic music * 😱 Tense chapters but it's fun to write lol

⭐️ Vote
💭 Comment
📱 Share