Chapter 30

Victor's POV

I followed one of the servants to the grand throne where I was summoned. The servant stopped in her tracks as the guards nearby opened the double doors. I grinned before waving them off and walking into the grand throne room.

The grand throne room was elegant and majestic with rich colors and designs. My boss sat on his golden throne and folded his hands together as his eyes watched my every move. I stood still and bowed my head before hearing the double doors close.

" I have received word from the fishermen that they have seen a pirate ship sailing towards here. " , the king said. " The cowardly brats will be arriving soon. "

" Nice to know. " , I grinned evilly.

" Shut up. " , the greedy ruler gritted his teeth.

I gave him a sour face before crossing my arms in disapproval. I swear this man is bipolar.

" How will I know that you will do your end of the deal? " , he questioned me.

" Because I will do it if it means getting paid to do so. " , I retorted.

" And what if I don't pay you? " , he muttered.

" If you don't have a source of magic, the royals and possibly Pan may have the advantage. " , I snickered.

" Hm, well change of plans. " , the king said with a sly smile. " Let's make a new deal. "

" I'm listening. " , I replied being interested.

" I have realized that if the Irish find out that their precious prince and princess are alive then they will try to overthrow me! My title will be wiped out! So instead of keeping those brats alive as my puppets, I want them dead. " , he ordered sternly.

" And where I do come in? " , I raised my eyebrow.

" You are my cover up. " , he darkly chuckled.

" You do realize that Pan could possibly come? " , I taunted him.

" Pan is a teenage boy. Why should I fear a teenager? " , he scoffed before waving me off.

" True. " , I shrugged.

The king slowly stood up from his throne and approached me with his hand out.

" Do we have a deal, Mr. York? " , he asked.

" We do. " , I smirked before shaking my hand with his.

" Good. I'm glad I could count on you. " , he chuckled before patting my shoulder. " Now you are dismissed. "

I bowed my head once more before the double doors were opened again. I walked out of the grand throne room and into the hallway. Then I made a few twist and turns before opening a door and slowly closing it.

There she was. The daughter of the Evil Queen looking at herself in the mirror. She twirled herself in her little dark blue dress and black flats before adjusting her mini crown headband.

" Evie. " , I said.

" So? Spill it. " , Evie waved me off as she continued to adore herself.

" He wants me to kill them. " , I sighed.

Evie's eyes widened before she turned around and gave me a look. She grabbed my collar with worried chocolate eyes.

" If you kill them, Pan will torture you. " , Evie warned me.

" I know. I just now realized how stupid this man is. " , I muttered.

" I told you so. " , Evie sassed me.

" I know. I know. " , I waved her off before I sat down on the bed.

" So what are you going to do? " , Evie asked me.

" I don't know. " , I groaned.

" Well let's put it this way, would you rather kill Rae and Hook and get paid and then be tortured by Pan and probably me or would you rather not kill Rae and Hook and steal the money and avoid Pan? , Evie worded it out carefully

I gave the blue-haired girl a concern look before rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly. Goodness gracious this girl has a strong backbone.

" Second option. " , I murmured.

" That's what I thought. " , Evie retorted.

" Hey now princess, don't get all sassy with me. I'm trying to be more lenient towards this situation so go easy on me and give me some credit. " , I huffed

" Says the one who lost my hand-held magic mirror. " , she scoffed.

" Evie, it was misplaced somewhere okay? I'm sure that you have plenty of those kind of mirrors. " , I rolled my eyes.

" Sure it was. Let's see, if Pan somehow gets a hold of that mirror and asks for your location and stuff because you know my mirror is magical then you are dead once he finds out what you are up to. " , she smirked.

" Shut up. " , I gritted my teeth.

" Victor, do me a favor and just keep it on the down low. Wouldn't want to involve your father. " , Evie cooed before patting my head.

" I'm only doing this for you. " , I murmured.

" Good to know my wonderful friend. " , she chriped before turning around to admire herself in front of the mirror.

Sometimes, it sucks to be in the friendzone But I guess it is better than rejection.

I'm rotton to the core, core.
Rotton to the core.
I'm rotton to the core, core.
Who could ask for more.
I'm nothing like the kid next, like the kid next door.
I'm rotton to the, I'm rotton to the
I'm rotton to the core.

The Evil Queen's daughter grabbed her phone out her little purse and answered her call. I rolled my eyes hearing her squeal and giggle which meant it was her boyfriend calling her.

" Sure, I can meet you at the garden. " , she said. " Wait...in 30 minutes? Oh my. Okay. Yeah. Alrighty. Bye. "

Then she hung up the phone and panic mode in 3...2...1.

" 30 minutes? I can't get ready in 30 minutes! That's not enough time! I need to chose a better outfit, curl my hair more, find my garden shoes, and apply more makeup before I look like an old lady! " , she panicked.

" Then you better go. " , I said.

" Alrighty. Just give me the signal when it's time. " , she reminded me.

I slowly nodded before my eyes widened from receiving a kiss on the cheek by Evie and a hug before seeing her disappear in blue smoke.

I shook my head at her nonsense. A sigh escaped from my lips before I closed my eyes to feel some peace. Hopefully things go well for me.

A/N: Do you think Victor is turning soft? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
⭐️ Vote
💭 Comment
📱 Share