Chapter 24

Rae's POV

I don't know how long Peter held me, but it felt nice to be in his arms again. The darkness crawled back in my room after Peter turned off my lamp and his dark green eyes glowed slightly in the dark. Oh how I missed his scent of mint and pine forest that I could smell when I buried my face into his chest. It made my heart flutter.

I could hear Killian talking with his crew above deck and soon multiple footsteps scattered below deck and the sound of doors closing indicated that their captain sent them all to slumber. Thankfully, none of them decided to check up on me.

I unwrapped my arms from Peter and sighed before giving him a warm smile. He smiled weakly before placing his hand on my cheek. I leaned into his touch and closed my eyes just feeling his skin against mine, but soon I frowned and opened my eyes to see Peter putting his hand down.

" I'm really sorry for hurting your shoulder. " , I apologized for like the hundredth time.

" It's okay, love. I'm fine. " , he assured me.

I slowly nodded before realizing that his eyes remained dark green. I titled my head at him before examining him from head to toe.

" Why are your eyes dark green? " , I asked with curiosity. " Is something bothering you? "

" No, love. I'm fine. " , Peter said.

Lie.

" Are you mad at me? " , I frowned at him.

" No. " , he shook his head.

Lie.

" Did someone do something against you? " , I asked.

" Nah. " , Peter shook it off.

Lie.

" Then what's the matter? " , I asked concerned.

" Nothing, love. " , Peter said softly.

Lie.

" Are you not telling me because we aren't together anymore? " , I frowned.

Slience.

My heart tugged at his silence. Peter just looked at me before shrugging. My lips curved downwards and I looked away shamefully. Tears streamed down my cheeks before I laid down on the bed.

" It's okay. I get it. " , I mumbled.

Suddenly, I felt the other side of my bed dip and a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist. His chin rested on top of my head.

" My eyes are dark green because I need to take care of something that I don't you to worry. Right now, you need to focus on going to Ireland being the princess of your homeland. " , Peter whispered gently.

I sighed before snuggling into his chest. His arms around me protectively and his accent melting my heart. I ran my fingers through his messy hair and I swear I heard him softly moan which caused me to chuckle. Oh how I missed him.

" How have you been? " , I asked politely.

" Fine. And you? " , he murmured.

" Fine. " , I said

Peter slowly nodded before he ran his fingers through my hair gently and rubbed my sides which made my heart flutter and my stomach feel funny. I felt my cheeks blush red as a tomato and I bit my lip to prevent making any sound.

" Thank you for coming here tonight. I'm thankful for that. " , I said before turning to him face to face.

" No problem. " , Peter replied.

I gave him a small smile before turning back around. I placed my hand on top of his and rubbed it smoothly. We stayed quiet fore a while before a yawn escaped from my lips.

" You should get some rest. " , Peter whispered.

" All I ask is that you hold me tonight. " , I pleaded.

" As you wish princess. " , Peter chuckled.

A blush formed on my cheeks before I snuggled close to him. His grip on me tightened gently before he kissed my forehead. I smiled weakly before purring softly.

" Goodnight princess. " , Peter whispered.

" Goodnight Peter. " , I mumbled feeling sleep starting to take over me.

A soft chuckle escaped from his mouth as I felt the blankets cover me and him shuffling around to make sure that I'm comfortable. His warmth comforted me while his arms held me protectively.

" Peter. " , I whispered sleepily.

" Yes? " , he asked.

" I love you. " , I murmured

" I love you more, snowflake. " , I heard him whisper before I felt the darkness pull me into a deep slumber.

A/N: It seems that Pae is on a roller coaster of emotions 🤷🏽‍♀️

⭐️ Vote
💭 Comment
📱 Share